• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Big Jerm interview

McBeth was def humble and nice, Feldbeard was very nice and was cracking jokes, Will was nice, avery was nice, GG was nice, Paul U was nice, Nate, Val both nice, Devan Owens, Cale Leviska, John McCray, all super nice and funny too. All from my personal first hand experience with them at worlds following them around and being involved with their rounds.(walked with buddy caddying for Avery and walked with final 9 group with PDGA friend.) Nikko and Ricky were the only ones who didn't seem as friendly as the rest.

Barry was super nice right after his winning round, in line at the store, just chatted for about 10 minutes. I had previously met him a year ago, and he was also nice then too. Philo was cool too, I bumped into him a few times throughout the week and every time he was funny and nice. My only interaction with big jerm was pretty funny grabbing a beer during players party.

I withhold comment on anyone I haven't personally met, and interacted with for at least some amount of time. I think it isn't very nice to call people out for things you've heard, if you have zero first hand experience with them. And for me, unless you spend at least 10 minutes with someone you really can't get a decent idea about them. EVERYONE can be an ******* if you only see one moment in time. Just like anyone can seem awesome and cool in only a single moment.

I've meet Feldberg in person for a clinic & he was okay. I have a few friends that have caddied for some of the players I've mentioned & even are friends with them personally. I've gotten to meet quiet a few top pros & have spent more than 10 minutes with them. I completely disagree that walking with them in a tourney your gonna see their true colors especially at worlds. Even if you talked with all of them for an hour you still wouldn't even have any idea what they're like. Also I wasn't calling people out, I was just making a statement after New013 brought up the topic. There are many things I've heard from people who have spent a lot more time with them than you have. You stated that a bunch of people were "nice". I'm sure quite a few of them are nice, but they're just normal people like us & not all of them are angels. i highly doubt you can judge 10+ pros as all being "nice" when they're on video & quite a few people are watching them online & in person, that's just ignorance.

I think it isn't very nice to call people out for things you've heard, if you have zero first hand experience with them. And for me, unless you spend at least 10 minutes with someone you really can't get a decent idea about them. EVERYONE can be an ******* if you only see one moment in time. Just like anyone can seem awesome and cool in only a single moment.

Thats whats scary about being famous/semi famous. You could be having just a ****ty day in life or a bad round of golf and just want to be left alone or just have a bad emotional reaction to it and someone might take you wanting your alone time as just snubbing them and being an *******.... and then they go off and tell their friends or write a blog about it or something and word gets around. Its like people in our society tend to just focus on the **** side of life in people and in other subjects in life.

Val actually seems like she might be the nicest person alive.

From the many videos / interviews I've seen of her, and the little I saw of her in person, I would have to agree.

It seems like all of the Jenkins must be good people. I haven't ever seen video of the parents, but I know they do a lot for the game.

From the many videos / interviews I've seen of her, and the little I saw of her in person, I would have to agree.

It seems like all of the Jenkins must be good people. I haven't ever seen video of the parents, but I know they do a lot for the game.

Only one I've met is Avery. I warmed up with him on the Sunday morning of the Toronto Island Maple Leaf a couple years back. He was great. Friendly, engaging and he threw teebirds really really far lol.

Tallgrass Brewery in Manhattan, KS sponsors some tournaments on a small scale. Mainly DD tournies, like GBO and Am Worlds. At GBO, they even had specialty firkins (kegs) and hop randalls (really geeky beer stuff - very cool). Jeff Gill, the owner of Tallgrass has made it clear that he is interested in sponsoring DG events for those that fit. They have a significant pressence in KS and MN.

I met Nikko and Cale Leiviska at GGP. Only time I met Nikko and he was friendly, fun to hang out with, and knowledgeable. Cale was a great guy too, quieter than Nikko but fun to hang out with. They just seemed glad to be out on the course playing and passing on their knowledge. I feel that every pro is different in a casual setting then they are in tournaments. I compare it to that person in your office who comes off as a complete dick; but, go to happy hour with them and they are the friendliest person in the world. Everyone handles stress differently. Some are calm (McBeth) some yell at themselves and throw mini-tantrums (Nikko). But, that doesn't say anything about how that person is 95% of the time.

Sharon and Leroy are awesome. I have played multiple events with them in the Cleveland area and they are always fun to be around.

I also had the pleasure of eating dinner with a crowd that included Jerm, Nate, Val, and Avery last week at the Vibram and they were all super friendly, including Jeremy.

FWIW, I also played a warm up round with Will, Cam, and Catrina and they were all very friendly as well. I played the first round with Cale, and I think he was the most easygoing and nicest of any of the players that I met.

Last edited:
McBeth was def humble and nice, Feldbeard was very nice and was cracking jokes, Will was nice, avery was nice, GG was nice, Paul U was nice, Nate, Val both nice, Devan Owens, Cale Leviska, John McCray, all super nice and funny too. All from my personal first hand experience with them at worlds following them around and being involved with their rounds.(walked with buddy caddying for Avery and walked with final 9 group with PDGA friend.) Nikko and Ricky were the only ones who didn't seem as friendly as the rest.

Barry was super nice right after his winning round

I can't believe you just niced them all like that.

I met Nikko and Cale Leiviska at GGP. Only time I met Nikko and he was friendly, fun to hang out with, and knowledgeable. Cale was a great guy too, quieter than Nikko but fun to hang out with. They just seemed glad to be out on the course playing and passing on their knowledge. I feel that every pro is different in a casual setting then they are in tournaments. I compare it to that person in your office who comes off as a complete dick; but, go to happy hour with them and they are the friendliest person in the world. Everyone handles stress differently. Some are calm (McBeth) some yell at themselves and throw mini-tantrums (Nikko). But, that doesn't say anything about how that person is 95% of the time.

I like to call myself a a**hole after bad shots, my buddies laugh but I can't help but being intense on the course, just like at work. At home having beers I am a lot more chill. I like to work hard and play hard.:)

Latest posts