• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard discs forehand?

Definitely best to have both forehand and backhand in your repertoire.

Depending on wind direction or obstructions to the throwing motion, its best to have both left-to-right and right-to-left options with both BH and FH.

Just saying I throw RHBH and LHBH and because of this I don't need FH in my repertoire. I understand that most people didn't learn both when they started playing like I did but just saying, you don't need to throw FH especially if it feels like complete bull**** when you throw FH like it does for me. Just saying.......... But back to the topic at hand, I think the wraith or destroyer are both great FH drivers as my friends who exclusively throw FH seem to like them. They also like the Nuke though but I think that's because it's such a trendy/flavor of the month type of disc. Don't get me wrong I don't mind the Nuke, but I personally would never bag one.(yes I started a nuke thread.)

................................................................................................................................................................... blizz plastic beats at an unparalleled rate.

Not unparalleled. Similar to R-Pro driver plastic.

Not even close to that fragile.

+1, My Blizz Ape feels much more durable than my Wahoo. The Ape rim has a little rash on it, but the Wahoo I fear will slice like those wax lip/teeth in the candy aisle.

Just saying I throw RHBH and LHBH and because of this I don't need FH in my repertoire.

I wish I had your talent, but, my right arm is useless for DG, its like somebody else's.
I can throw everything with my left, so I need the FH to get the fade that 90% of the courses, being designed for RHBH players, require. I worked on the FH before I found a reliable anny line disc, so I count on it more for placement than I do my anny shots.
They also like the Nuke though but I think that's because it's such a trendy/flavor of the month type of disc. Don't get me wrong I don't mind the Nuke, but I personally would never bag one.(yes I started a nuke thread.)

Nuke is the best disc on the market for forward fade, nothing that fast tries to fall forward more than a Nuke.
The only reason I dont see the Nuke in the record books for distance is the lack of people throwing them at competitions.
If you get a good stable one, and you watch the nose, you can get this disc to go very far FH.

Nuke is the best disc on the market for forward fade, nothing that fast tries to fall forward more than a Nuke.
The only reason I dont see the Nuke in the record books for distance is the lack of people throwing them at competitions.
If you get a good stable one, and you watch the nose, you can get this disc to go very far FH.

I'd argue the boss but I'd probably just get flamed

Boss is already there, Wiggy got jiggy with it.

I wanna see Wiggy or Jenkins toss a light Z Nuke for distance,I bet it beats the bubble stuff easily.

Here's the deal..

A lot of the first blizzard discs out were flippy pieces of junk. They were...no doubt about it.

However, Innova found a way to make them much better than they were. Most of the newer batches are where they are supposed to be stability wise. I have a wraith that acts just like a wraith should, but I also have an earlier Katana that flips into oblivion.

I was tossing a friends blizzard ape FH with the slightest of effort and went about 325-330. with a bit more butter on it, it could easily top 400, EASILY. So if you aren't just a FH torque monkey you should be bombing these blizzard discs! WOOWOOWOO YOU KNOW IT

Blizzard Ape

I am in love with my blizzard ape, and I only throw it forehand. It is over stable enough to handle the high torque I put on it with the throw, and it is light enough to really carry through the air on the release. I love that it can cut through wind with no problem, and you can count on a giant skip at the end of the throw. It is a 157, so it is a bit heavier than most blizzard discs. I also have a blizzard Katana and Destroyer, and neither of them throw as well forehand. I love them backhand, but they can't handle the torque when thrown with full power. If I finesse them they work well, but if I am going to do a finesse throw I have other discs which will have better action I can turn to.