• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard discs forehand?

leftyone

Birdie Member
Considering getting into some blizzard technology but since I have begun to throw everything forehand I'm wondering if it is a good choice or not. Any forehand players out there throw them? What are your thoughts on it?

I drive pretty much all forehand, and I throw Blizzards from time to time. A Blizzard Wraith or Destroyer will work for you, but don't go too light. Anything under 140 gets almost too squirrley to throw. Stick with the ones with bubble on the rim. Ignore the haters, and let er rip!

You have to adjust your throw a bit and slow down your arm speed, but Blizzard discs fly just fine forehand. I've tried just about all of them and use the Boss the most.

I've been throwing a Blizzard Boss lately for FH shots that I need a good skip on at the end. I'm liking it. I'll also throw a Blizz Destroyer FH occasionally, depends on what line I need. I like how effortless it is to toss them, which makes it easier to be accurate with.

I have a Blizzard Wraith in the high 150s that works really well as an uphill or tailwind forehand driver. I like it. It hyzer-flips beautifully. Its more understable than my seasoned pro Wraiths. If you are used to throwing forehand with understable drivers, you might like it.

exactly what andy said, go a little heavier (like 155) and you should get a much better release

depends on how far and what you are throwing now. 275-340 i would recommend a boss in the 145-157 range. 325-400 you will be better off with a destroyer in the 145-155 range. i am throwing max weight nukes on good rip 375 fh and ive got a bliz boss that i only use for big tailwinds or for hyzer flips that end
up left.

i found that lighter weights being thrown forhand require quite a bit more finness.....i am throwing some 150g diamonds. when they are realeased cleanly and with some finness...they soar!!

I will agree that they have more distance potential but they require a clean throw with very little OAT.

I tried out a 150 blizz boss I found off the fairway for bh and fh distance.

For fh it flew about the same D as my max weight Quasars but got knocked around in the air more so I didn't bag it. BH it was flippy. For FH specifically in calm conditions it was stable and felt a little easier on the arm.

Thanks for the info guys! Looks like its either going to b a boss or destroyer. My local open guy who also sells discs will be able to fine tune me from here

In order to play this game well, sooner, or later,you're gonna need to learn to throw backhand.

In order to play this game well, sooner, or later,you're gonna need to learn to throw backhand.

Definitely best to have both forehand and backhand in your repertoire.

Depending on wind direction or obstructions to the throwing motion, its best to have both left-to-right and right-to-left options with both BH and FH.

I agree it is good to have both, but my game has progressed leaps and bounds since switching from a 50/50 FH/BH attack to a 90/10. I can make my flick go left to right and right to left and do it with a smaller error margin than throwing a BH hyzer.

I couldn't disagree more, I don't find blizzard discs any more flippy than there non blizzard counterparts. Either you have OAT or the blizzard disc you found was beat.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh NO HE DIDN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:

I couldn't disagree more, I don't find blizzard discs any more flippy than there non blizzard counterparts. Either you have OAT or the blizzard disc you found was beat.

Ok. We had a different experience with different discs in different parts of the world using different form. Blizzards are some of the most inconsistently molded discs ever so just claiming someone has oat because they threw a flippy one is silly.

My buddy has a blizz destroyer that barrel rolls if you sneeze at it. They're all over the place.

Ok. We had a different experience with different discs in different parts of the world using different form. Blizzards are some of the most inconsistently molded discs ever so just claiming someone has oat because they threw a flippy one is silly.

My buddy has a blizz destroyer that barrel rolls if you sneeze at it. They're all over the place.

Not my experience and that is the only thing I can base my opinions on. And for the record I was more thinking you found a beat one, blizz plastic beats at an unparalleled rate.

A blizzard boss is the only one that doesn't get flippy on me when throwing FH. Otherwise the wraith and destroyer both can be pretty brutal, it doesn't help that I don't have the greatest FH form but the boss has not given me any problems.