• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard discs with air bubbles in the flight plate

Twmccoy

* Ace Member *
Found a blizz Katana and Boss in a lake the other day that have bubbles in the flight plate rather than in the rim (like most blizzard discs). Took the Boss out and threw it some today. It bombs and is stable enough to handle all the arm I have. Multiple accurate 450' tosses with it today. Good dome and a ton of glide. Unlike most blizzard discs the rim doesn't have that rough texture from all the bubbles.

If Innova made every blizzard disc with bubbles in the flight plate rather than in the rim they'd have something great. This Boss I threw is a very viable distance bomber that actually performs like the flight numbers say it should. The plastic is smooth and actually feels like regular champion.

Most other blizz Bosses I've thrown have been very flippy. Putting the air bubbles in the flight plate seems to positively alter the flight characteristics of the disc itself. I've definitely thrown many, many lousy blizz discs where all the air bubbles were in the rim.

Those are amazing, apperantly they are a lot harder to make since it can make the flight plate weaker. Most of the world record distance throws have been done with Bliz Bosses like that.

These are what I seek also.
Although bosses don't seem to matter as much as Katana

Those are amazing, apperantly they are a lot harder to make since it can make the flight plate weaker. Most of the world record distance throws have been done with Bliz Bosses like that.

Yeah, I think this might be the best blizzard disc I've ever thrown. I generally don't like blizz plastic. I can get great distance out of it, but the discs are all over the place and flip like crazy. They also wear out quickly and have a crappy rough texture on the rim.

Also, they don't NEED to get the disc down to 140 or whatever. I'd settle for a nice 158 that has bubbles in the flight plate, but not the rim.

The disc I have here I think is old. It isn't one with the 1108' distance stamp on it. I do have a few Bosses with that stamp though.

Yeah, it's the old ones that have the flight plate bubbles. Most of the new ones are rim only.

I had 2 150g Bosses for a wile. Lost one about 2 years ago still have one. My golf partner likes to throw a 154g Blizz Boss that's new school with bubbles in flight plate for his max distance disc, but started throwing with my old school Boss. From what he says there is no comparison to stability and accuracy between the two. Wish I wouldn't have lost one I would let him have it.:D

Also, they don't NEED to get the disc down to 140 or whatever. I'd settle for a nice 158 that has bubbles in the flight plate, but not the rim.

They DO need to get them under 140 for them to float in water. Best floating discs ever made. I'm glad I have a couple prototype Wraiths and a first run wraith with the bubbles in the flightplate. My one boss is crazy stable for such a light disc.

Did the OP find them floating, or in the bottom of the lake?

Bottom of the lake. I've NEVER seen a blizzard disc that floats. Even into the 130s I've found them sunk in lakes. I've probably picked 20-30 blizzard discs out of lakes too. All molds, all weights.

Bosses seem to be the most popular blizzard disc I find.

Did the OP find them floating, or in the bottom of the lake?
OP never mentioned the ones in the lake were under 140g.
Bottom of the lake. I've NEVER seen a blizzard disc that floats. Even into the 130s I've found them sunk in lakes. I've probably picked 20-30 blizzard discs out of lakes too. All molds, all weights.

Bosses seem to be the most popular blizzard disc I find.
All four of mine float. Must be the bubbles in the flightplate.

I'd rather the discs not float. Every floating disc I've ever thrown was a piece of crap. The blizzard discs I like are heavy enough to sink. I don't want some little 135g. paper plate of a disc.

I'm looking to throw for distance and accuracy.

Latest posts