• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Katana

austinpetz

Bogey Member
what arm speed would you recommend having to get a 138 blizzard katana up to speed?

Just out of curiosity, how do you expect us to answer this ? In km/h? With subjective words ex: slow, medium or fast? That seems like it's a little hard to answer your question...

To try to answer your question, I'd say that speed 13 driver are made for big arms... However, since everyone enjoy to use what the pro uses (super fast driver), I'd say a 138g katana would feel light in the hand, probably would fly inconsistent and you may grip lock it often if you try to rip it because it's so light that it screws your timming big time... It will also float, so try to grip lock it when there is water around, you won't loose it!

Seriously, give it and shot and sell it to someone if you don't like it, that's my advice. Discs flight really different for everyone because we throw differently...

Since the stability with blizz discs (regardless of weight) seems to vary so much, it's kind of hard to say. Generally, it seems like with the light discs - if they're reasonably true to mold - you can step up about 2-3 speed levels over what you can currently adequately get up to speed. That said, they do generally work best for people with fairly clean form, regardless of arm speed. But they vary so damn much that it ends up being a crapshoot anyway. lol

Every one I've tried is pretty flippy if it has a textured rim. 130 ish wraiths with the textured rims are driveable for almost all power levels I think. Such a disc took my girlfriends backhand from about 200 to 280ish instantly. I imagine the Katanas will be similar , just with the bigger rim feel and likely a smidge faster. I had a heavy blizzard katana and it appeared just by my judgement to be the fastest disc I have seen, crushing in tailwinds and useless in head!

IMO it depends on your ability & how far you throw. If your already throwing 9 or 10 speed discs you should be able to throw a Katana. As for grip lock, hold your thum on the outer rim of the disc & not inside the flight plate! I know because i had this problem for a while. If you throw around 300' like me, an even lighter katana would be Ok. If you throw between 300' & 350' then the 138 should be OK. Like the one poster said it will be good in tailwinds! And also side winds & maybe a light headwind, but not heavy headwinds! Actually i have a couple of pro Katanas around 167gm & they are much flippier than my Blizzard Katanas!

Just out of curiosity, how do you expect us to answer this ? In km/h? With subjective words ex: slow, medium or fast? That seems like it's a little hard to answer your question...
Folks, we have a winner!

I'm a say 5 Newtons of force on a horizontal vector, or 16 foot pounds of tourque in terms of rotational force.
Anything more or less than this will result in catastrophic flight failure, so be sure to get it correct.

What do we win ?
Is there an awards dinner ?
And, will there be cake, and if so, what kind ?

Over9000.jpg
I would say over 9000

my rule #1 for buying blizz discs is do NOT buy the david wiggins ones. The ones they made before that have bubbled flight plates which give them better gyroscopic properties giving them better glide.

Since the stability with blizz discs (regardless of weight) seems to vary so much, it's kind of hard to say. Generally, it seems like with the light discs - if they're reasonably true to mold - you can step up about 2-3 speed levels over what you can currently adequately get up to speed. That said, they do generally work best for people with fairly clean form, regardless of arm speed. But they vary so damn much that it ends up being a crapshoot anyway. lol

Funny how some people managed entirely reasonable answers...

Latest posts