• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

QR codes for drone videos on tee signs?

glassila

Double Eagle Member
What's your opinion on tee signs with QR codes that allows you to see a drone flyover of the hole?

I can't imagine they are good for speed of play.
I would be interested to know how often they get used?

I don't want to stir things up if your course has them!

I haven't actually seen any of them in place but I would not use them myself anyway unless there was no graphic on the tee sign. I am pretty minimalist on the amount of info I want/need from such things while on the course though. I would be much more likely to use them sitting at home to get a preview of a course I haven't played.

I've seen them in place and I tried one while we were at a tee of a long-ish hole at a local course that was in C- pos. for that day. We were waiting for a group to finish out the hole so I figured I'd take a look to kill time. I can see these being useful for a bunch of golfers including noobs and baggers new to the area passing through trying to get oriented. I agree with Bisco for the most part - I am more likely to preview a course at home but that is not often either. Definitely shows that disc golf has come a long way.

I can't imagine getting much out of drone footage on a sunny day with my spiderweb-ed phone screen, but ymmv.

I suppose if we're talking about a course with crazy elevation and blind baskets, it might come in handy, but I'd prefer a good map on the tee sign.

As Biscoe said, I can see using them at home to scout courses before hand, but almost zero chance I'd use them once I'm physically at the course.

If I really want to see what happens up around the bend, I'll just walk the fairway until I can see for myself, because I'm so used to doing it.

Latest posts