• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

I am happy that these light weight discs are finally here. I started throwing light weight discs a little over a year ago and it has really helped my distance. I was throwing R-Pro Bosses and Pro D Nukes but after a few good tree knocks these discs became under stable and I would buy a new one every couple months. I ordered some Tee-Devils and Bosses from the factory store and have gotten my friends even throwing them. I am going out today to buy the Blizzard Wraith. I don't feel the wind really affects these discs more than heavier ones but you do need to take a little bit of a different approach throwing them on windy days

I am curious to see how much extra flight you can get out of a 130 in a tailwind and how easily these will flip in a headwind.

I have thrown the wraiths, katanas and the destroyers. The destroyer doesn't have near the high speed stable as a max weight, but there is enough fade to get a good s flight in a tail wind/calm day. The wraith little less stable than the destroyer with less fade. The katana is fliptacular, but if you finesse it it will bomb. I got a few clean snaps with about a 45 degree hyzer and it flew over 350 with no runup and only a pull from the chest.
I can see masters players with poor arm speed but good form bombing these things.

I have thrown the wraiths, katanas and the destroyers. The destroyer doesn't have near the high speed stable as a max weight, but there is enough fade to get a good s flight in a tail wind/calm day. The wraith little less stable than the destroyer with less fade. The katana is fliptacular, but if you finesse it it will bomb. I got a few clean snaps with about a 45 degree hyzer and it flew over 350 with no runup and only a pull from the chest.
I can see masters players with poor arm speed but good form bombing these things.

What weights did you throw the Destroyer in? Both of the Destroyers I threw (150 and 154) had just as much if not more HSS than my max weight pop top echo star Destroyers.

The katana is fliptacular, but if you finesse it it will bomb. I got a few clean snaps with about a 45 degree hyzer and it flew over 350 with no runup and only a pull from the chest.

Why not just throw a beat pro destroyer or katana? I guess I'm still still up in the air on these blizzards. :p

Why not just throw a beat pro destroyer or katana? I guess I'm still still up in the air on these blizzards. :p

Because they are 20-40 grams lighter. You can throw a baseball farther than a bowling ball... Should throw a lighter disc farther if all other variables are equal.

Because they are 20-40 grams lighter. You can throw a baseball farther than a bowling ball... Should throw a lighter disc farther if all other variables are equal.

throwers must also take into account the point of diminishing returns. you can throw a baseball further than a bowling ball, but you cant throw a golf ball further than a baseball.

I'm guessing that for people like me with fluttery releases that tend to be badly affected by OAT, these Blizzard discs would eat my lunch. I've been doing discless at home exercises attempting to tidy up my stroke, loosely whip my arm, and quit muscling the disc over the past week. Maybe with some more work I could start getting these lighter weights to work for me. Until then, I'm throwing bricks to counteract my lack of good form.

I'm wondering if Innova should've marketed these blizzards as beginner friendly like the Opto Diamond and such from Lat 64.

as an aside the wing will play a major role in how these fly
I don't have one yet but I looked at a buddies the other day...a 150 Destroyer
not an x-out
had double kabuki masks on it

he wasn't liking it
too understable and touchy and didn't fly like his regular Destroyers

when you looked at the wing the bubbles had changed the wing shape
it was a little more bulbous...the effect being almost a Destroyer L type wing if that makes sense

the tiny notch at the bottom near the rim was much less noticeable

Latest posts