• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Newest Factory Store release....Blizzard Zephyrs

AndyJB

Big Country
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I see no one else has started a thread on this, and I guess I can see why. Nevertheless, the latest Factory Store release is Blizzard Zephyrs, akin to the Blizzard Condors released some time back (which were awesome, by the way)

here's the link

ch_zephyr_green.png

Looks like they have a variety of weights and colors as well. My only question....not too long ago they had Champ Zephyrs available, so what changed to make them go to Blizzard Plastic? Is there really a call for Champ Zephyrs in the 150 weight class?

I only wish it could have been a GStar Condor. Siiiiggghhh

I only wish it could have been a GStar Condor. Siiiiggghhh

Pfft! :D

I'm looking for Champ (or G*) Sonics now. I did ask about Zephyrs in G* when I sent my last email. Funny that these popped up.

I wouldn't mind a G* Condor though, especially if they weren't as beefy as the Blizzard Champs.

I want a G Star Condor for disc dog. My Australian Shepherd tends to go through the DX ones pretty quick. Luckily the newest DX blend of Condors is very soft, so it doesn't hurt his teeth or gums. When we're just playing fetch I use a Bite or a Supersonic, but in competition and serious training, I use the Condor.

My dad uses a Zephyr for golf, but he doesn't beat it up nearly enough to warrant a Champ version over DX, especially at the Factory Store's price point. Curious...obviously I don't work for Innova but if I did I would capitalize on the G Star hype with a G Star Condor, just to see if it could be done. Plus Climo would love it, right? A KC 12x G Star Condor...do it.

Do it.

Do it.

I'm still waiting for the Blizzard Pigs again.

I just don't get the blizzard and starlight discs, it's probably my mediocre form but in love the consistency of heavy discs.

For golf at least, I want one in 200 gram Champ.

I just don't get the blizzard and starlight discs, it's probably my mediocre form but in love the consistency of heavy discs.

For those who may not know, they have to make them in Blizzard to avoid going over the weight limit. A normal Champ one would be very heavy.

For those who may not know, they have to make them in Blizzard to avoid going over the weight limit. A normal Champ one would be very heavy.

I don't think all of them are Blizzard-
http://www.dynamicdiscs.net/Innova-Champion-Zephyr-Specialty-Disc-p/1610.htm

"Discs from 155g-168g utilize Blizzard technology."

Well, that's cool. I guess it makes sense that the heavies are normal Champ. I think I remember reading that Pigs and Condors couldn't be made in non-Blizzard Champ because of the weight.

Thanks for setting the record straight.

Well, that's cool. I guess it makes sense that the heavies are normal Champ. I think I remember reading that Pigs and Condors couldn't be made in non-Blizzard Champ because of the weight.

Thanks for setting the record straight.

I sometimes think Innova calls stuff Blizzard even when it isn't because it is easier, and when they have molding issues that cause bubbles they don't have to call them 2nds.:)

What weight do you suggest? For golf that is, I saw a guy throwing one of these in our last tourney and it flew straight as an arrow! Never thrown one myself, thought I might try one. Not sure which weight to get.

What weight do you suggest? For golf that is, I saw a guy throwing one of these in our last tourney and it flew straight as an arrow! Never thrown one myself, thought I might try one. Not sure which weight to get.

It's hard to say. Most times Champ plastic makes discs more overstable than their DX counterparts. In the case of the Polecats (a lidlike disc), it just took away some glide without making them fly different. I'm guessing here, but I imagine that's because there isn't a ton of extra weight in the rim like traditional golf discs.

Seeing as how these Zephyrs are lids, I would think you could buy any weight. If you're wanting DX-like glide, I would go with a lighter weight one. I ordered a couple max weight and a couple min weight to compare the two.

Sorry that I can't give you a better answer.

Y'all are poison for my bank account. After seeing this thread, I realized that for the first time in about 40 years or so I don't own a toss disc. My black Wham-O developed a split my red one I left behind at a family reunion last fall. So, off to the pro shop I go.

$93 later.....................

I have a 186 and a 131g Condor right now. 186 is slight turn and nice reliable fade. The 131 is super straight w/slight fade or if you give it any snap, off to the right at about 2 or 2:30 :) How does a Zephyr fly in comparison to a Condor? No kind of flight numbers on the Innova site.

Latest posts