• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

You actually want to accentuate nose down in a tailwind, that way the wind gets under the disc and pushes it forward. A nose up shot with a tailwind (or any shot where you show the top of the disc to the wind) is going to be pushed down much more quickly.

Hmm, counter intuitive.

I will remember that next time I'm readying a downwind throw.

I know now when I have a downwind component, I don't accentuate the wrist down as hard as I do in no wind throw. Upon release, the disc climbs a little higher than normal (wind gets stronger the higher off the ground = wind gradient) and just scoots down range longer than if I bend my wrist down harder as I normally do.

The disc seems to climb slightly higher and flatten out and glide downwind. Not like a nose high throw where the disc climbs and falls off left, just a slightly more angled up throw to get the disc higher into faster wind and push the nose down as it climbs out of lower velocity near the ground.

Actually, now that I think of it, we could be conversing about the same thing. I'm just getting the disc up a little higher than normal, it's all still happening so fast during the release...

It is cool, when you figure this stuff out, how just a little AOA change can change the disc trajectory. I'm really only into my first season of understanding how to control the release AOA RHBH of the disc but decades of aerodynamic theory and understanding of meteorology.

One thing to remember when I am writing, I am no expert. However, I will not write about something that I have not done. And I try not to argue, especially when we could actually be conversing about essentially the same thing as we are, two enthusiasts throwing a light weight driver downwind.

But your nose down suggestion does not really compute for me as when I nose down, my disc burns in straight ahead regardless of wind, like a golf ball worm burner skipping low. I'm not capable yet of throwing the disc up with my arm and have it in a negative AOA, not strong or fast or capable of that type of finesse.

I'll try your suggestion on a second shot though, even in a light (under 5-7 mph) downwind.

Thank you for responding, I have respect for your ideas.

I would like to say that even though its unofficial, the distance record has been broken, 920 ft approx with a blizz destroyer. This is heresay but that is damn amazing.

I don't really have details but its from a reliable source who is a tester from innova. I brlirvr it though because I hit a personal record of about 500 ft with a blizz boss

Distance Finals at Winthrop should be fun this year. I wonder how many of them will be using Blizzard disc technology?

It will probably depend on which way the wind is blowing. Tail or no wind and I bet we see some guys using Blizzard discs.

finally placed my order for some blizzards after marshall street got the wraiths in stock. picked up 2 wraiths right around 150, a 158 katana (hopefully for massive sky rollers), and a boss right around 150.

920?

Any more details to this rumor?

Not sure about this one but if you read what Wiggins Jr. wrote on innova's website he also broke the current world record but again its not legit because it wasn't in a sanctioned event. Anyways after reading that I picked myself up one to see what these things can really do.

Yeah I saw that, but whatever he said (823,833?, one of those two) is pretty far off from 920 lol.

this is just more plastic that gets hyped up and i'll have to go buy it and it'll either suck for me and it'll be a waste or i'll love it and then i'll have to find a space for it in my bag... and damnit.

this is just more plastic that gets hyped up and i'll have to go buy it and it'll either suck for me and it'll be a waste or i'll love it and then i'll have to find a space for it in my bag... and damnit.

Agreed, I really want it too be good but at the same time I don't because I like how my bag is set up.

I ordered a 150 boss and 150 destroyer, these are molds I cannot normally throw, i get my 172 katana out to about 340 on a max drive. Now I'm wondering if I should've gone lighter, like a 138 or so. Any other noodle arms tried these out?

So... Can someone give me a quick explanation as to what this is so I don't have to read a book?

I ordered a 150 boss and 150 destroyer, these are molds I cannot normally throw, i get my 172 katana out to about 340 on a max drive. Now I'm wondering if I should've gone lighter, like a 138 or so. Any other noodle arms tried these out?

I got a 137 destroyer and a 150 katana. Haven't been able to try them out very much, but the destroyer is surprisingly overstable. Hope to get out to a field this week sometime.

So... Can someone give me a quick explanation as to what this is so I don't have to read a book?

It's champion plastic with bubbles in it so it's really light.

Think I will give it a month to keep hearing your thoughts and finally pull the trigger on a few. I know I want the destroyer and either the boss/wraith/or teedevil. The hardest part for me is trying to figure out if I want it in the 150's or all the way down to the 130's. I throw around and at times past 400 but don't know if I will be flipping those discs if they are too light. Any help from someone who REALISTICALLY throws 400 would be MUCH appreciated.

Think I will give it a month to keep hearing your thoughts and finally pull the trigger on a few. I know I want the destroyer and either the boss/wraith/or teedevil. The hardest part for me is trying to figure out if I want it in the 150's or all the way down to the 130's. I throw around and at times past 400 but don't know if I will be flipping those discs if they are too light. Any help from someone who REALISTICALLY throws 400 would be MUCH appreciated.

I guess from what I'm hearing from some of the local big arms in my area are that they "BOMB". Especially the destroyer and boss. Also, these guys are hitting 400+ consistantly with teebirds and eagles.

Latest posts