• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

Think I will give it a month to keep hearing your thoughts and finally pull the trigger on a few. I know I want the destroyer and either the boss/wraith/or teedevil. The hardest part for me is trying to figure out if I want it in the 150's or all the way down to the 130's. I throw around and at times past 400 but don't know if I will be flipping those discs if they are too light. Any help from someone who REALISTICALLY throws 400 would be MUCH appreciated.

The biggest adjustment is with your grip. If you are used to throwing 400 feet with 170-175g discs, 150s are surprisingly light and your grip may try to overcompensate thinking it is 175. I have had a few misfires because of this, especially when I try to generate the power that gets me to 400. However, the Blizzard's saving grace is that it is easier for me to get to that 400, meaning I need less overall power. It is when I try to power completely up, expecting results more than 400 that gets me in trouble.

Right now, for me, it is the same distance, just easier to get.

When thrown cleanly, or at least cleanly enough, the Boss's and Destroyer's stability is very close to their heavier counterparts. The only thing I have noticed is that they have a greater tendency to shoot up a little higher from the point of release. For example, instead of being 10 feet of the ground, from the point of release they go to 13 feet. Not a huge difference, but noticeable.

^^^Bosses are less stable than the Destroyers, correct?

...are the blizz destroyers really more overstable than the blizz boss'?

Ok, so I have a question. I don't throw very far, but I am working on that. I have recently tried experimenting with light discs to see if it would help. I picked up a 144 R-pro boss a few weeks ago thinking it would be a good overstable driver for me. I have only practiced with it a few times but whenever I throw it the disc takes an extremely hard right turn into the ground. Am I doing something wrong, or is this the way the light R-pro bosses work or just light discs in general?

I am interested in trying some of these Blizzard discs out, but don't want to waste money having them fly incorrectly.

R pro bosses are garbage IMHO. It may be your form however but the rpros are much much flippier than the new blizzard plastic.

I liked the R-Pro Bosses for about two throws. After that, pppffttt. They form up differently than Blizzard discs and because of their light weight are incredibly touchy and high speed stability. They quite easily flip and turn and it takes a lot of height, time, and or combination of lower power to have the low speed stability kick in. However, less than clean form can make it worse.

The Blizzard Boss will seem a step more away from overstable when compared to its heavier counterpart, but that is only because it is easier to get it up to its intended optimum speed. There is a world of difference between the R-Pro and Blizzard, especially after the R-Pro gets a little nicked up.

However, before we completely trash the R-Pro, I have a friend with about 280-300 feet of power and it works just fine for him. It reminds me a lot of a Nuke SS, just in lower grade plastic.

^^^
Ive been buying too many discs as it is,
And now I have more molds and weights to try!
I have a boss and destroyer on the way, but I'd love to try them all

I've thrown a 149 katana and a 153 wraith. Both seem to have less of a concave rim than regular plastics. The katana is similar to a seasoned pro katana in stability and I was having problems with griplock. I was only having good throws when I powered down to 80% or less. The wraith was more stable but not as stable as standard weight wraiths. I don't see this plastic being very durable but I'll still pick up a boss and destroyer. The katana and wraith will work well for getting out of trouble with backhand or sidearm and for downwind drives.

Last edited:
I threw my blizzard destroyer more today and I am still loving it. I gave myself a ~45' eagle putt with a 380' hyzer into a touch of headwind on this hole today.

82bc6a71.jpg

I threw it hard with a touch of anny on this hole and it came out nicely to land in the fairway (not sure how far but I'd guess 370). Earned me a birdie.

fcd5d7c9.jpg

I liked the R-Pro Bosses for about two throws. After that, pppffttt. They form up differently than Blizzard discs and because of their light weight are incredibly touchy and high speed stability. They quite easily flip and turn and it takes a lot of height, time, and or combination of lower power to have the low speed stability kick in. However, less than clean form can make it worse.

The Blizzard Boss will seem a step more away from overstable when compared to its heavier counterpart, but that is only because it is easier to get it up to its intended optimum speed. There is a world of difference between the R-Pro and Blizzard, especially after the R-Pro gets a little nicked up.

However, before we completely trash the R-Pro, I have a friend with about 280-300 feet of power and it works just fine for him. It reminds me a lot of a Nuke SS, just in lower grade plastic.

Went into this funk where I couldn't get any distance out of my drives, bought an R-Pro, and it helped a lot! Restored confidence, and enabled me to get more distance using other discs. Buying some Blizzrds tomorrow, think I am getting a Boss and a Katana for now...

This new tech has piqued my interest. I'll probably try a boss and destroyer. I'm really curious to see what it could do for my max d (previously 550').

Wiggins said they behave like a disc that is roughly 20g heavier. Does that sound about right, for those of you who have thrown them? I normally like ~168g in bosses and destroyers, so I think I'll try a high 140s disc. Sounds interesting...

Are these things gummy? I think I may have to try a Katana if they are. Also I would like to know if the Katanas are flat?

Latest posts