• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bracing and power pocket Check...or is it?

Really frustrated by the darkness that's taken over. I went out today to get some light for the video, but there wasn't much. Also the ground is really slippery so I focused on the mids and putters.

Anyway, below is a new video where I tried to address few of the issues you raised earlier:

https://youtu.be/V9CciOpudI8

I suppose I froze the disc too early in my reachback and as a result I still drag it a bit.

How about the rest?

It throws everything else off because you start accelerating the disc early, out of sequence/ahead of weight shift. You need to keep turning back later while moving forward, so there's a counter action. Shift weight/center/balance forward, then move/sling disc forward.

Really frustrated by the darkness that's taken over. I went out today to get some light for the video, but there wasn't much. Also the ground is really slippery so I focused on the mids and putters.

Thinking about buying the Flashflight set. The creeping darkness is killing me too. At least with daylight savings I can get up and fit it in at the crack of dawn.

It throws everything else off because you start accelerating the disc early, out of sequence/ahead of weight shift. You need to keep turning back later while moving forward, so there's a counter action. Shift weight/center/balance forward, then move/sling disc forward.
Thanks for the time and effort. I'll try to match it on the field. :thmbup:

I was out again yesterday trying out some of the things. One breakthrough I made was regarding the weight shift.

I know very well how you should shift your weight from back foot to the plant foot and I even thought I did that. However, yesterday I realized that my "weight shift" is actually just part of the run up where my weight is first on the x-step foot and next on the plant foot. So in reality I'm not really shifting weight at all, it just pummels through as I complete the run up.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I felt like I need to consciously keep my weight further back when the plant foot comes down and only then start the weight shift. At the same time I need to turn my shoulders back even more to keep the disc position frozen like you showed in the pictures above. This also makes crushing the can more natural as I don't have all of my weight on the plant heel from the beginning.

There are now more and more things I need to think about during the throw so consistency is an issue, but when it clicks it feels quite nice.

The weight shift clicked for me when watching an instructional ball golf video where the guy said that the best thing to do to get the right feel for it is to just stand in an athletic stance and then turn your body using your hips. That makes the weight shift come naturally. Worked for me, my previous efforts just felt awkward and unnatural.

/ Anders

I've spent so much time on the wall drill and can crushing I haven't watched the posture video for a long time. It really clicked this time around. Caught some things I missed before that filled in some gaps. Going to spend some time with the hammer tonight shifting a little.