• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bradley Williams suspension reduced

Serious question, in what world do "genuine concessions" come before the tournament is over or decided?

High dollar payout PDGA disc golf playoffs, where competitors "secretly" agree to split the cash before the playoff, for one.

World Series of Poker, for another.

Any audition, job application or interview where the candidate is going "just to get my name out there/for the experience."

Not to mention NFL "Rooney Rule" interviews, and any sport with a draft where the team with the worst record is guaranteed the first pick, e.g., Suck for Sam.

Bradley is known as the Texas Cactus to some, because he is a bit of a prick in some peoples eyes.

Myself, I think the dude is one hell of a golfer and one of the smoothest throwers out there. I've had the chance to actually talk with him, during a tournament round even, and the dude was super chill and very personable.

there's also some evidence to suggest he might not be super chill

So, all he said to Philo after his shot was "its all yours man" and thats it?? LOL! Seems EXTREMELY petty to get upset at that comment. I definitely do not consider that trash talking. That is my humble opinion on the matter

If only Ultiworld would do an interview so that we can finally confirm Williams' level of chillness.

I don't know what happened in the non event sanctions, but I would agree, typically the PDGA has no discretion there. It is easy enough though. Add a rule:. In the case where a player is charged with a felony they are suspended from the PDGA until that charge is resolved. Assuming of course that we agree that being charged with a felony is worthy of temporary suspension?

Is there anyone here who actually has a problem with the PDGA suspending a player charged with a felony?

I do. Until there is a guilty charge, there is no reason that there should be ANY action by the PDGA.

The PDGA is dishonorable to do so. As long as this rule is in place, I will never be a member. This is how much of a problem I have with it.

I do. Until there is a guilty charge, there is no reason that there should be ANY action by the PDGA.

The PDGA is dishonorable to do so. As long as this rule is in place, I will never be a member. This is how much of a problem I have with it.

This isn't a rule. It was a hypothetical question. Five months ago.

The PDGA is not going to take disciplinary action against any player if the player does nothing to break PDGA rules or damage the PDGA image/reputation.

As a spectator I want to see great form, entertaining disc golf, etc..

Like you know, I love watching the winter Olympics every four years specifically the downhill ski event. Crazy, speeds close to 100 mph.. jumps that carry football fields...

If the guy is like an big ******* and has one hell of a run I am totally legit with that.. If next skier that is really nice and like the boy next door kind of thing and his run is just basic boring type **** well I'm not entertained at all.

So Brad you arrogant ******* keep playing great disc golf and I'll keep watching.. I don't care how nice you are once your game goes south no body cares.

And by the way do you want the nice surgeon, who with a smile does a so so open heart surgery that really doesn't help much. Or do you want the arrogant surgeon from Norway, the one that is really good and knows it, who does an exceptional operation that saves your life?

Last edited:
This would have to be the weakest trash talk ever.

He once told me I wouldn't make the putt anyways. This was a few fleeting moments after he kicked over a certain basket while I was marking my lie to putt.

All in all, I think everyone in this area just wants to see a positive chapter in the story whether you like him or not. He's the most dominate Texas player EVER and will be the standard for a long while. The dude just wants to compete and win and do his thing. I don't know him outside of tournaments all that well but I always know competing with him made me a better player regardless of any personal interactions.

And yeah that was my way of bringing up the only time Brad talked trash to me and I went ahead and made the putt anyways.

Ah the old, boycott an organization for a rule that isn't actually on the books, stance. Nice.

For what its worth, I wouldn't care for the PDGA to start getting into the business of disciplining players for off the course actions unrelated to disc golf. Not that I think there is any danger of that development. They don't have the resources to keep tabs on all their members like that and if they were't going to impose additional penalties Anthon (and I'm not saying they should have) then I think they've made their stance pretty clear.

Innova re-signing Brad beats every other large manufacturers signings this off-season. I would rather be a team manager of someone with a volatile attitude, that is very talented vs. a pro with average talent and an even keel attitude. Hell, or even worse, a social media "over the top" personality with average pro skill. I think coaching someones attitude is easier vs. hoping they find more talent.

The PDGA didn't suspend Anthon for being convicted of a felony. I'm not sure why anyone would think that someone only accused would be suspended. :wall:

As a spectator I want to see great form, entertaining disc golf, etc..

Like you know, I love watching the winter Olympics every four years specifically the downhill ski event. Crazy, speeds close to 100 mph.. jumps that carry football fields...

If the guy is like an big ******* and has one hell of a run I am totally legit with that.. If next skier that is really nice and like the boy next door kind of thing and his run is just basic boring type **** well I'm not entertained at all.

So Brad you arrogant ******* keep playing great disc golf and I'll keep watching.. I don't care how nice you are once your game goes south no body cares.

And by the way do you want the nice surgeon, who with a smile does a so so open heart surgery that really doesn't help much. Or do you want the arrogant surgeon from Norway, the one that is really good and knows it, who does an exceptional operation that saves your life?

Niced for the False Dilemma.

He once told me I wouldn't make the putt anyways. This was a few fleeting moments after he kicked over a certain basket while I was marking my lie to putt.

All in all, I think everyone in this area just wants to see a positive chapter in the story whether you like him or not. He's the most dominate Texas player EVER and will be the standard for a long while. The dude just wants to compete and win and do his thing. I don't know him outside of tournaments all that well but I always know competing with him made me a better player regardless of any personal interactions.

And yeah that was my way of bringing up the only time Brad talked trash to me and I went ahead and made the putt anyways.

Glad you made the putt.

Is there anyone here who actually has a problem with the PDGA suspending a player charged with a felony?

Isn't a DUI a felony? I'm guessing there are thousands of members with one on their records. Can't wait to watch the page count of the suspension report climb to record numbers.

Latest posts