• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Brinster teebird alternative

There are Brinsters on the Factory Store right now. Why not just buy a few of them since they're what you want?

There are Brinsters on the Factory Store right now. Why not just buy a few of them since they're what you want?

It makes sense to find a 15.99 alternative and a non-diminishing supply. I don't understand people wanting to replace stock discs, but not wanting to invest in a LE makes perfect sense to me.

It makes sense to find a 15.99 alternative and a non-diminishing supply. I don't understand people wanting to replace stock discs, but not wanting to invest in a LE makes perfect sense to me.

Excellent point. It's why I keep the Banshee in the bag. For now, I'm using my Brinster more but if I ever lose it or wear it out I know I can go back to Banshees. Of course, Banshees are a little beefier with less glide but having them both I'm the bag is extreme overlap.

Obviously that is a good option, but for me I don't like to stock up on any disc. I prefer to have as few back up discs and trade discs as possible.

No Rival, ever, has been or will be as overstable as a Champion Teebird, much less a Brinster Teebird. It's a great disc but I don't know why people keep bringing it up in this thread.

there are brinsters in the factory store and the factory second teebirds are JL and very overstable for a teebird.

No Rival, ever, has been or will be as overstable as a Champion Teebird, much less a Brinster Teebird. It's a great disc but I don't know why people keep bringing it up in this thread.

Agreed. He said he wanted a Teebird replacement, not an Eagle.

G* PD is not a good alternative either. My g* PD flies nothing like a teebird, or a t3, or a glow t3.

Rival and PD are both not good alternatives. Great discs, not replacements.

That is actually not true Andy. I have thrown a whole lot of rivals and teebirds...a whole lot...and find most of them very similar. Rivals are a hair faster and are usually flatter. Rivals are usually nice straight flyers and are extremely, super similar to most mild domed 12x champ teebirds. When I think of a rival or teebird I don't think of a hard hyzering disc that won't turn, glide, and fly straight as a flat stiff cfr glow, ce, flat 11x kc, or brinster might. To me that is an eagle x or freak overstable teebird. However there are actually plenty of rivals out there that I can't turn like my very flat 175 gold worlds rival. I've had it for many months of play now and it is quite worn in but it will not turn when thrown every foot of 400 on a flat release hyzer shot :) It is easier to find an overstable teebird though, and I have never thrown a rival as overstable as a Brinster.

are the metal flakes pretty stable too? not sure how the brinster ones fly. i'm more of an 11x cal guy.

any info on the brinster vs 11x cal?

Would a DX Banshee fill this role?
I use a Saint Pro for my Teebird duties so I wouldn't know.

Latest posts