• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Brinster teebird alternative

collincarter_

Looking for a fairway driver similar to the flight of the brinster teebird that is more readily available and under 20$. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Have you thrown a JL Champion Teebird? They're really close, especially if max weight.

Just buy a stock stamped JL Teebird. The stiff ones fly identical to the Brinsters.

Replace a Teebird with another Teebird. It's not too hard to find overstable ones.

Legacy guys suggesting a mold with significant high speed turn to replace a disc with absolutely no turn. You so silly.

His username is Rocaholic?

I've thrown more than one Rival in the 450' range without that alleged "significant" HST. Just because you love Teebirds doesn't mean everyone else has to.

Just checked and you're actually a PD thrower - why would you care if the OP doesn't throw the Teebird? :doh:

Just look for teebirds with overstable features. If not you can always look for good standard production eagle Xs and/or banshees. I love rivals but most of them fly like a nice flat, slightly faster, straight flying teebird, just the way I like them! Overstable fairway drivers are a dime a dozen, rivals are a nice stable straight flying dream.

By the way, I'm not Legacy only thrower....although I think they make amazing discs and their plastic is second to none...I have a mixed bag of Innova, Discraft, Lat64, Legacy, Millenium, DD....so the "Legacy guys" statement can be thrown out the window amigo. The OP was looking for discs similar to a Brinster Teebird...and as I've been told the Brinster Teebird is massively stable to overstable...hence my suggestion of a heavy Rival....Rivals are a tad faster but in heavy weights they can have that reliable fade to the left that I would assume a Brinster Teebird has for us mere mortals and not Pro players. I'm assuming the OP is and Adv Am and although some of them can really huck a disc, most are somewhere in between 350 to 450 range. Now....if you have 450' of power you can probably get that Brinster Teebird to have a slight right turn during the HSS part of it's flight but it will always come back to center or just right of center due to it's stability. For the rest of us we might get a mild right turn but a consistent fade back to center or left center (or even more fade if you don't have the arm). A heavy Rival will do the same thing. It always has that fade back to center.

Lol, my comment was not neccicarily directed at you Rocaholic, but a group of people. The moral is, don't let your preferences cloud your judgment when reccomending discs. I'm not coming in here saying throw a C-pd because that would be innapropriate.
Get a new teebird if you want teebird flight.

The new champs that are being released are in JL plastic. I bag one, it flies like a Brinster.