• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bulby dye (QOTSA) Star Beast

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I've been a Beast fan since my first round of disc golf, but never went to the Star plastic because the Champ had worked so well for me.
Then I lost my Dead Bear Beast, and had to get a new one. I can't stop listening to Queens of the Stone Age right now, so I slapped Bulby from Era Vulgaris on my disc.

Everything came out great. I tried to paint the smoke edge and shadows with dye, but my brush was still to wide. Still looks good though. Came out great, he really **POPS!!**

I also dyed the underneath rim of the disc in the same pinkish-red as the background.

4683268319_9e277b0a2a.jpg

The arms and eyes are a darker shade of red than the tongue and the background, hard to tell in the pic.

All that's left is to dye the orange ember on the end of his cig, but that'll wait til I get back from Ohio, gotta go THROW IT!

Great work as always Bennett!!!

Dont know where you're traveling in Ohio, or why...but we've got some great courses here in central Ohio in case you want to get a round or two in while you visit!! :)

Great work as always Bennett!!!

Dont know where you're traveling in Ohio, or why...but we've got some great courses here in central Ohio in case you want to get a round or two in while you visit!! :)

Got a(nother) wedding in Cincinnati, course choice is on the groom. I might hit Idlewild on Sunday morning as my hotel is on the Kentucky side of the river.
Thanks for the invite! I get up to Ohio about 3 times a year, may have to head your way for a disc trip sometime!

So damn cool! So much work to end up with so little white showing. You use that really well. I totally appreciate it!

Thanks for the compliments, all! This one's taking its maiden flight at Harbin tomorrow, so very looking forward to chucking a bomb with Bulby!

Careful with the dyed underside, it could leave a ring on your other discs.

I did use to worry about that, but I've never had a cross-contamination with any of my dyes. Granted, most are not touching as I do use the sleeves in my bag, but many of them do touch, and have the rims dyed, and they haven't transfered in the Southern heat to any other discs.

I did use to worry about that, but I've never had a cross-contamination with any of my dyes. Granted, most are not touching as I do use the sleeves in my bag, but many of them do touch, and have the rims dyed, and they haven't transfered in the Southern heat to any other discs.

My brother dyed one all the way over the rim and it did leave rings on a couple of his other discs. Maybe he put it in the bag to soon after dyeing or maybe its just due to sunny california

Have to say awesome dye again. QOTSA is one of my favorite bands and I've been listening to Songs For The Deaf in the car when I drive to tourneys to get psyched up :)

Latest posts