• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

If you're wondering if you need a Buzzz OS, then you probably don't need one. It's intended to fill the gap between Zones and your OS fairway. For some people, that is not a gap that really needs filling. Despite what the inbounds chart shows, the Buzzz OS has the potential to be quite a bit longer than a Zone. It's inbetween the Zone and the Predator for distance.

Been on and off with the Buzzz OS this summer.
They are much more overtable than I was expecting, and don't get the distance I can get from the Hornet.
I am starting to discover what shots work best with this, but will likely keep bagging a Hornet.

I've got 2 zones and love how they throw but am wondering if there really is a point or reason to keep a Buzzz OS in the bag. Seems redundant. Especially if you look at the InboundsDiscGolf flight chart the flight patterns look near identical.

I can almost push the Buzzz OS out as far as a Buzzz on an anny flex. When my Zone flexes back it doesn't glide out as much as the OS. It just stalls. Definitely covers two different shots in my bag.

I can almost push the Buzzz OS out as far as a Buzzz on an anny flex. When my Zone flexes back it doesn't glide out as much as the OS. It just stalls. Definitely covers two different shots in my bag.
This is the correct answer. Sometimes the harp doesn't fight back and I don't want a fd3 skip, that's where the Buzzz OS comes in.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Been on and off with the Buzzz OS this summer.
They are much more overtable than I was expecting, and don't get the distance I can get from the Hornet.
I am starting to discover what shots work best with this, but will likely keep bagging a Hornet.

Good call. Hornets are much more versatile.

Is it safe to assume that most of these are flat? I've never thrown one and am looking to replace my beat flx drone. I found a z buzz os at a corner store today that felt great and was flat as a board. Almost picked it up, except it was peach and was $17.99. If they're all super flat, I'd rather save a few bucks and get one from disgolfcenter...

Is it safe to assume that most of these are flat? I've never thrown one and am looking to replace my beat flx drone. I found a z buzz os at a corner store today that felt great and was flat as a board. Almost picked it up, except it was peach and was $17.99. If they're all super flat, I'd rather save a few bucks and get one from disgolfcenter...

Did you end up ordering? I've never seen a Z that wasn't flat, but the more unpredictable plastics, you might get a slight dome. I have one Ti and one Z-FLX that have domes (very rare), and one of my Ledgestone ESP's has the tiniest bit of puddle top. (It was a really gummy blend of ESP.)

If you wanted to be sure, Disc Baron tells you the profile. These are all flat: http://www.discbaron.com/Discraft-Buzzz-OS-s/2404.htm

Or contact the sellers. I filled out the contact form on Infinite's site, and later that day I got a call and they helped me pick out some flat Zones in the stock. I'm confident about this mold (Buzzz OS), though and never ask vendors for details.

Last edited:
The buzzz OS could be my least favorite if range I've thrown. I've thrown First Run Z, big Z, production z, and nothing works with this disc. No glide whatsoever. Just a brick. I'm just amazed with the hype this disc gets.

The buzzz OS could be my least favorite if range I've thrown. I've thrown First Run Z, big Z, production z, and nothing works with this disc. No glide whatsoever. Just a brick. I'm just amazed with the hype this disc gets.

I had the same opinion when it first came out. It's strictly a FH disc for me. Once I figured it out it's become as important and reliable as my regular Buzzz.

In my bag: Buzzz is to Valkyrie where BuzzzOS is to Thunderbird. Just have to respect the overstability and learn how reliable it can be.

I had the same opinion when it first came out. It's strictly a FH disc for me. Once I figured it out it's become as important and reliable as my regular Buzzz.

In my bag: Buzzz is to Valkyrie where BuzzzOS is to Thunderbird. Just have to respect the overstability and learn how reliable it can be.

True. For a long time I never had very overstable discs like the Harp, Hornet, Banshee, and Firebird in my bag; they just didn't work for me. Then, as I got better and also more in understanding of how these discs were supposed to work, I began adding them to my bag and improving my scores as well as repertoire of shots.

When the player is ready for the disc, the disc is there and ready for the player.

I know I am going to get some hate for this but I got rid of my Buzz OS's a while ago because I've found that:

BuzzzOS = Zone

So there was no need to keep both molds in the bag. Found that both fly roughly the same distance and the Zone putts a little better for me so Zone it is...

I know I am going to get some hate for this but I got rid of my Buzz OS's a while ago because I've found that:

BuzzzOS = Zone

So there was no need to keep both molds in the bag. Found that both fly roughly the same distance and the Zone putts a little better for me so Zone it is...

Not 100% equal, but close enough that I saw no reason to bag both. Same for me...Zone stayed.

BuzzzOS = Zone

I dont think any hate is deserved for your choice, and I certainly see your point. My unpopular feeling: I did not like the feel of the Zone, but I love the feel of the Buzzz OS. I tried several plastics of the Zone after hearing so much about the flight on here, but I never took to it. But when I first got a Buzzz OS, I was hooked.

Maybe its because Ive had mine bagged for awhile (but I also dont use it all that much round to round) but I think the Buzzz OS is just a little less overstable than the Zone. I think that just might be what gives it a small amount of extra distance over the Zone rather than rim width or anything, but I have no scientific evidence to back that up.

I will also say I dont think there would be any conceivable reason to bag both. Definitley an either/or situation.

I will also say I dont think there would be any conceivable reason to bag both. Definitley an either/or situation.

Throwing BH, I can see your point. The difference is seen when throwing them FH. At least for me I'm able to get more distance with much less effort with the BuzzzOS. I use the Zone for a lot of longer approach shots and the BuzzzOS off the tee.

Throwing BH, I can see your point. The difference is seen when throwing them FH. At least for me I'm able to get more distance with much less effort with the BuzzzOS. I use the Zone for a lot of longer approach shots and the BuzzzOS off the tee.

This also makes sense. I use the Scale for most forehand upshots, and the Buzzz OS off the tee...but there is a substantial difference in distance when I am throwing a controlled forehand shot with said discs.

I have also, albiet very rarely, used the Buzzz OS for short overhands. It pans out great on a high tommy.

Anyone get a hold of the new Ti Buzzz OS? I've got a heavy Z and want another since I use it so much. Are these stiff like I remember Ti being?

Latest posts