• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Buzzz SS & Avenger SS

I'm going to play again on friday.. I'll let ya know how I do. A disc that hasn't worked only makes me want to work it :D It will fly eventually ;)

If you want to make that Avenger SS useful someday, the best thing you can do is put it in the closet for now and grab something slower. I'd recommend an XL or XS if you want to try another Discraft mold.

The Buzzz SS is a fairly consistent disc across different production runs, in my experience.
Good beginner disc.

The Avenger SS, however, is one of the most inconsistent discs that Discraft makes. I have had Avenger SS's that were fairly stable (especially FLX), and others that were ridiculously U/S. In any case, I have found it to be unforgiving.

It's good advice to hold off and use it some time later, when you have the arm and control to properly take advantage of it.

I learned to throw forehand with a Z avenger SS. It was my first disc and it definitely made me appreciate good form. I dont have one in the bag now, but it was a great starting disc :clap:

When I got started, the AvengerSS was my go to fairway driver. Now that I have gotten a little better, The AvengerSS is still a staple in my bag for short straight shots, or if I need a longer flippy disc.

If you want to make that Avenger SS useful someday, the best thing you can do is put it in the closet for now and grab something slower. I'd recommend an XL or XS if you want to try another Discraft mold.

I almost bought the XL when I chose the Avenger SS. As of right now I can't bring myself to put any discs in the closet lol.. (maybe once I get too many to carry at once :) ) I normally end up driving all my discs at once on the soccer fields next to my home course.

The Buzzz SS is a fairly consistent disc across different production runs, in my experience.
Good beginner disc.

The Avenger SS, however, is one of the most inconsistent discs that Discraft makes. I have had Avenger SS's that were fairly stable (especially FLX), and others that were ridiculously U/S. In any case, I have found it to be unforgiving.

It's good advice to hold off and use it some time later, when you have the arm and control to properly take advantage of it.

Yes I agree with you on the Buzzz SS being beginner friendly. And to both of you I have stopped with the Avenger SS on the course at this time (I don't want to lose it before I can properly use it :\ ) <--first disc I really had to search for same day I bought it :doh:. I just throw it in the field for driving practice to see how I'm progressing with it.