• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz

Question: would you guys feel comfortable recommending an X Buzzz as a single beginner disc?

I think it would be a good disc, but I'd rather go with a Meteor, Buzzz SS, Comet, Archer, or Glide in a premium plastic.

I always thought starter packs with base plastics might turn people off that brand, when they see how easily they beat up. No evidence, just conjecture.

Question: would you guys feel comfortable recommending an X Buzzz as a single beginner disc?

I keep a couple in my trunk for extras for beginners. The Comet would be my first choice, but it feels weird to 95% of disc golfers (myself being one of the 5%).

Got a couple new buzzzes today. How does the Glo compare to a Big Z? The Color is just a wall hanger in my garage. My Big Z is flat and the Glo is domed like my Jawbreaker which is flippy and glidey.
81f19b9f2cf641f8701ffee37c64fc93.jpg
9f0852d96cff3c8c6293f00cf8fa6ef2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

It was my 1st Buzzz. Turned into a Buzzz SS pretty quick.

But yes, helped me a lot.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I think it would be a good disc, but I'd rather go with a Meteor, Buzzz SS, Comet, Archer, or Glide in a premium plastic.

I always thought starter packs with base plastics might turn people off that brand, when they see how easily they beat up. No evidence, just conjecture.

Pro D yes, but X is more durable then Pro D. Pro D should not be used for anything more then the putting putters from Discraft, same for D from DGA since both DGA and Discraft plastics are the same.

Question: what is the stability of all the plastics available for a buzzz? ( Esp, Haley king, mcbeth esp, z big z etc)ay be switching to them for midrange duties from now on (OS, regular and SS). Just curious about plastic stability across the board.
Thanks in advance.

Question: what is the stability of all the plastics available for a buzzz? ( Esp, Haley king, mcbeth esp, z big z etc)ay be switching to them for midrange duties from now on (OS, regular and SS). Just curious about plastic stability across the board.
Thanks in advance.

BTW, nevermind on those 4 claws, too rich for my blood. I want to throw them, not put them in safety deposit boxes.

Buzzz always seemed really close out the box. With stock Z holding that fade at the end, the longest....every buzzz I have had flies similar but breaks in a little different. The plastics you would expect add some "drift" to the straight flight after a while.

I don't use a buzzz for and true OS or US duties.

I use it as a do-all, keep an angle midrange but it doesn't turn corners well enough for some shots..

The Quake is a Beefy buzzz. (Not the buzzz os, that thing is a monster and slow).

I do Quake/Buzzz/Sol

Really is a nice trifecta. Sol could be replaced with a esp meteor. The Buzzz SS is still too buzzz-like imo.

Buzzz always seemed really close out the box. With stock Z holding that fade at the end, the longest....every buzzz I have had flies similar but breaks in a little different. The plastics you would expect add some "drift" to the straight flight after a while.

I use it as a do-all, keep an angle midrange but it doesn't turn corners well enough for some shots..

The Quake is a Beefy buzzz. (Not the buzzz os, that thing is a monster and slow).

I do Quake/Buzzz/Sol

Really is a nice trifecta. Sol could be replaced with a esp meteor. The Buzzz SS is still too buzzz-like imo.
The meteor is a fun disc to throw in the field, comet like flight with Buzzz feel. I've bagged a comet in its place but I would probably not suck any worse if I went Meteor.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't seen much of a difference between the premium plastics, except the HK Glos and 4X Claws, which are more OS, but still only a 0,2 flight instead of a -1,1 flight.

I do Quake/Buzzz/Sol

I'm probably going to bag esp meteors. They feel better to me than a Comet.
The Quake intrigued me. Appears like it's between a Drone and a Wasp maybe? Might be something that will work for me if it feels good in the hand.

The Quake intrigued me. Appears like it's between a Drone and a Wasp maybe?

Yes. Quake is beadless and is a reliable overstable buzzz. It is fast, glidey, and will give you dependable fade. Great for forehand too.

Quake/Buzzz/Meteor will cover every mid shot. (Meteor/Buzzz may overlap initially but an esp meteor should get easy turn after some beating)

My more stable Buzzz in order....Old Doss Ti, Four Claw. Z Glow, CryZtal FLX Powergrip run (most stable)
Straight: Ledgestone bumble bee ESP, stock ESP, old ESP
US: old ESP FLX. Rubberblend.

Latest posts