• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz

I wish companies would just make 2 plastics...a baseline and a premium. I'm so done with this Ti FLX Glo Swirl Strawberry Scented stuff. Just make good Z and Pro D.

Z sucks in the winter. They need to make us northerners some good winter plastics.

And not Latitudes frost line. In white plastic no less 🤬

I've had a bit of a resurgence of base line plastic in my bag as of late. I have a couple of X Buzzzes I planned on beating in to straight/US... it's a bit of a slow process. Man, discs are durable.

Can anyone comment on the flight and wear pattern of D Buzzzes? Maybe in lighter weights too? Would love to kick the Tursas out of the bag.

Elmex bags a beat D Buzzz and seems to love it for turnover lines.

i never was able to beat an x into being flippy

i think pro d plastic itself is trash and i usually get a few chuckles when i bring it out of the bag cuz it clover tops and puddle tops and gets a wavy rim

i love a thrashed pro d for hyzerflips and turn overs

pro d buzz has minimal fade to begin with then after a few solid tree hits gets a little turn

i just throw mids in max weight cuz i find the wind doesnt throw them around as much

also for mids i only carry fresh z wasp and my red z wasp that really flies like a z buzz now and then a pro d buzz and i have all my mid lines covered

I wish companies would just make 2 plastics...a baseline and a premium. I'm so done with this Ti FLX Glo Swirl Strawberry Scented stuff. Just make good Z and Pro D.

I agree they've gone overboard, but I don't think two is quite enough. I'd prefer a simple lineup of:

Baseline
X/Pro
Z/Champ
ESP/Star

But you can bet they're gonna keep making discs in other plastics as long as they keep making money doing it.

I've had a bit of a resurgence of base line plastic in my bag as of late. I have a couple of X Buzzzes I planned on beating in to straight/US... it's a bit of a slow process. Man, discs are durable.

Can anyone comment on the flight and wear pattern of D Buzzzes? Maybe in lighter weights too? Would love to kick the Tursas out of the bag.

I can't comment on the wear, but I have a superlight Buzzz and it will just go for days with a tailwind. Threw it 380 frozen rope with a significant tailwind. That's longer than I throw my Stalkers (about 360') usually. It's a ton of fun and works well as an offhand and limited reach back disc. I don't bag it, but my much yoinger brother loves it for his noodle arm.

What's everyone's opinion on the x buzzz? I'm finding my esp buzzz ss a bit too squirrly.

What's everyone's opinion on the x buzzz? I'm finding my esp buzzz ss a bit too squirrly.

I've only had one X Buzzz & I remember it being a lot glidier than premium ones. I didn't stick with it long enough to see how quick it would get flippy.

ive never been able to beat an x buzz to a flip machine

with seasoning/beating ive only had x get to a gentle hyzerflip machine

i use pro d buzz for the really flippy stuff

Disagree. I want firm discs and others want flexible. Too much flacid plastic on the market now; but if it wasn't selling, it would not be being made

Going to test the diehard Buzzz guys.

Who can spot the real Buzzz in these pictures?

4aaa85768792d7822b6cdcab45964c79.jpg

f93fc1d783b2da87be7de2d45ee54f44.jpg

I love the flight of the Buzzz but Discraft plastics and I just don't get along. I was going through the mids in my stash and found something that feels and flies almost identical to the Buzzz but in a much better feeling (to me) plastic.

The disc I pulled from my stash is so Buzzz-like that I am guessing even the expert Buzzz throwers probably can't tell them apart. Maybe I'm wrong and you guys will spot the real Buzzz right away.

I'll give this a few days before I reveal which disc is a Buzzz and which one isn't.

Not yellow.

To save face if I'm wrong I will say I haven't bagged them in over a year (or any type of practice throws)

I'm curious to what the non buzzz disc might be.

Haven't fondled any trilogy in quite some time, but I'd guess something of theirs? Definitely not an Innova/DM/Millenium mold.

I feel like the yellow one is the Buzzz and the purple is a EMac Truth. Now I want to take a closer look at my Buzzzes.

I feel like the yellow one is the Buzzz and the purple is a EMac Truth. Now I want to take a closer look at my Buzzzes.

My thoughts at first too. Bottom half of the yellow disc has an odd "second curve" part like a Valkyrie or something in the first picture...made me second guess and ultimately switch my answer.

I did initially think yellow was the Buzzz.

I think it's the right, non-yellow one, based exclusively on the location of the parting line. The PL looks too high up on the edge compared to the Buzzz. I, too, may be wrong. And funny enough, I think I've thrown a Truth once, and none of the other Buzzz imitations.

I'm also curious what the yellow disc is and what plastic. Is the Buzzz ESP?

Man, you guys are good.

The bluish disc on the right is indeed a Buzzz. The yellow disc on the left is a Westside Gatekeeper.

8f2b5e95adb1ee2cfa9d596effe585dc.jpg

I was a little surprised some people thought it might be a truth. I have one in the stash and I don't recall it being very Buzzz-like in feel. Maybe next time I'm looking through my discs I'll take another look at it.

For me, the Gatekeeper feels and flies like a well used ESP Buzzz. I've thrown Buzzzes on and off and always liked the feel in the hand and flight of the flatter ones. I've always felt that the Z or ESP plastic was a little too slick for my tastes (although the older ESP wasn't too bad) and I've always had random early releases with those plastics more than any other.

I pretty much forgot I had a couple of Gatekeepers as I got them when they first came out and threw them in a field a few times and put them away.

Man, you guys are good.

The bluish disc on the right is indeed a Buzzz. The yellow disc on the left is a Westside Gatekeeper.

I was a little surprised some people thought it might be a truth. I have one in the stash and I don't recall it being very Buzzz-like in feel. Maybe next time I'm looking through my discs I'll take another look at it.

For me, the Gatekeeper feels and flies like a well used ESP Buzzz. I've thrown Buzzzes on and off and always liked the feel in the hand and flight of the flatter ones. I've always felt that the Z or ESP plastic was a little too slick for my tastes (although the older ESP wasn't too bad) and I've always had random early releases with those plastics more than any other.

I pretty much forgot I had a couple of Gatekeepers as I got them when they first came out and threw them in a field a few times and put them away.

i never heard of the gatekeeper lulz

but i know a buzz

fun test

Latest posts