• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz

It´s just insane how far Drew can throw a Buzzz. . .482ft hole over water, well he throws a Buzzz

I'm happy he got it back after losing in the water one of those rounds. I always wish they had more info on whether those lost discs were recovered.

Yeah, I really enjoyed those rounds. He kept going to that Buzzz. And it's a stock Z? This is why I never searched for a more "OS" run. If I flip one at 330-50 I know it was my mechanics. I never feel like I need to replace the disc, just work on my snap and release angle.

Exactly this. For any disc for that matter. If you need the most os run of plastic of a mold most likely you're trying to mask your form flaws.

Exactly this. For any disc for that matter. If you need the most os run of plastic of a mold most likely you're trying to mask your form flaws.

I would agree with that to an extent.
Sometimes though you can just be looking for different flight characteristics, personally I'm looking for an is buzz not for torque resistance but to have one that has "fade".. My Buzzz's can take all the power I can give but they tend to go straight and not move laterally at all.

I'm happy he got it back after losing in the water one of those rounds. I always wish they had more info on whether those lost discs were recovered.

Someone must go into those lakes to get discs. You figure a course that popular and with that many water holes, there would be thousands of discs in the lake.

A couple of courses around here have multiple holes around/over lakes, and discs pile up quickly there.

I know he was throwing that orange stock Z, but did anyone else notice it looked like he was also throwing the new Paige swirly Z? It was at Fountain, I'll have to check and see if I can find it again.

I know he was throwing that orange stock Z, but did anyone else notice it looked like he was also throwing the new Paige swirly Z? It was at Fountain, I'll have to check and see if I can find it again.

He was throwing it at Vista too. It was the paige buzzz. Paul mcbeth haf a fresh paige buzzz in the bag too.So cool to finally see a big thrower crushing a Buzzz.

These swirly Z are gonna fly off shelves

So I picked up an Elite X Buzzz hoping it would be a more durable version of this Pro D Buzzz that I love. But the X is more domey than the Pro D. Are Z Buzzzs going to be domey as well or more flat like the Pro-D?

So I picked up an Elite X Buzzz hoping it would be a more durable version of this Pro D Buzzz that I love. But the X is more domey than the Pro D. Are Z Buzzzs going to be domey as well or more flat like the Pro-D?

I'd say domey Z Buzzzes are a pretty rare occurence. I've seen them, but it's not often.

Out of all my Z's I have had maybe 2 or 3 with a slightly higher shoulder, but have never seen dome. The high shoulder ones fly with a smidge more stand-up/turn. If you're worried about it, buy from a site that describes the disc's profile: OTB, Disc Baron, etc...

Someone must go into those lakes to get discs. You figure a course that popular and with that many water holes, there would be thousands of discs in the lake.

A couple of courses around here have multiple holes around/over lakes, and discs pile up quickly there.

Vista yes, but I would not go into Fountain, at the very least not submerging myself in that water.

Ginnelly told me they drained it once years ago and there was thousands of discs.

Some of them had been "mutated" from the reclaimed waste water.

Could've just been BS of course.

Vista yes, but I would not go into Fountain, at the very least not submerging myself in that water.

Ginnelly told me they drained it once years ago and there was thousands of discs.

Some of them had been "mutated" from the reclaimed waste water.

Could've just been BS of course.

I've pulled some "mutated" discs out of lakes before. The plastic starts breaking down. I don't think its related to the acidity of the water. Let's just say, you can tell when you find a disc that's been sitting on a lake bottom for years. They're often warped and permanently stained.

I once unintentionally "seasoned" one of my discs in a pond.

I could see it but couldn't reach it and the next day the pond froze over. Went back about two weeks later when it thawed and retrieved it.

Visibly, the disc looked just fine but I swear it lost a bit of stability and had more glide from simply sitting in the cold water for those two weeks.

Considering buying a stack of X Buzzzes for fieldwork. What should I expect out of the flight compared to ESP? I really need a good practice stack, so are these reasonable? I currently have 5 ESP/Ti and a couple of Jawbreakers, looking to pick up 10 or so more at a reasonable price.

Considering buying a stack of X Buzzzes for fieldwork. What should I expect out of the flight compared to ESP? I really need a good practice stack, so are these reasonable? I currently have 5 ESP/Ti and a couple of Jawbreakers, looking to pick up 10 or so more at a reasonable price.

I've only had one X Buzzz. Quickly will become glidier & less stable. I play a lot in the woods so I only throw premium plastics. If you're not in the woods so much it should wear more predictably.

Another Buzzz question. Got a supercolor with one of those elaborate bee & hive stamps on it (a family member got it for me, lucky me they made a good choice lol). It's noticeably flippy right off the rack, which I don't mind having on one of my Buzzzes, but is that common with these? Is there something about the supercolors that makes them US, or did I just get a funky one?

Last edited:
Pretty typical. I don't know if it is the stamping or the fact that they start as domey ESP white blanks, but I've never thrown one that was particularly HSS. Good glide though.

I would just get them in good plastic, it's only another $3 a disc. If you want to try out the X Buzzz pick one or two up and test them before buying a stack. You should try out a Z Buzzz while you are at it.

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=76&PPQT1=45

I play with both an X and a ZFLX buzzz. I used to play with Z buzzzes, but I had lots of grip frustration... the Z buzzz just felt too slick (and I think I just didn't have a strong enough grip) so I tried out the ZFLX and never turned back.
During the COVID-19 break, I've been experimenting with upshots in my street.
My problem zone had been 120-180 feet. I realized that my beat X-buzzz will fly just like a star mako in that soft medium power 120-180' range. I don't know why I didn't look to the buzzz before, it's such a versatile disc, now with one more use for me.

Latest posts