• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

bz963's bag

bz963

I got a discraft misprint pack so my I am not sure what is going in my bag (fade crunch box). Here is what I have.

drivers
river 174g goldline
vision 173g goldline
avenger ss 173g flx
avenger ss 172g esp
surge ss 172g elite z
surge 166g flx
predator 172G flx
force 173g esp
force 171g elite z
destroyer 170g pro
valkyrie 150g dx
stalker ( not sure on weight)

midrange
buzzz 172g pro d
buzzz 176g elite z
buzzz 177g elite z
coyote 175g champion

putters
ion 174g soft
aviar p&a 150g dx

ps: i throw around 275 more on a good throw less on a bad one. Some of the more overstable drivers I'm going to use for overhand.

[strike][/strike]

I got a discraft misprint pack so my I am not sure what is going in my bag (fade crunch box). Here is what I have.

drivers
river 174g goldline pick between this and the avenger SS's
vision 173g goldline
avenger ss 173g flx pick b/w this and River
avenger ss 172g esp see above
surge ss 172g elite z This is the fastest disc you should keep in your bag right now, use it only for wide open bombs
surge 166g flx
predator 172G flx
force 173g esp
force 171g elite z
destroyer 170g pro
valkyrie 150g dx Might keep for rollers
stalker ( not sure on weight) Keeper

midrange
buzzz 172g pro d
buzzz 176g elite z
buzzz 177g elite z
coyote 175g champion overlaps with Buzzz too much, get a Comet or Fuse instead.

putters
ion 174g soft
aviar p&a 150g dx

ps: i throw around 275 more on a good throw less on a bad one. Some of the more overstable drivers I'm going to use for overhand.
Okay, you've got a lot of good stuff there and some good discs for you to grow into once your form improves. I crossed out all the discs that are just plain too fast for you based on your distance range. I'd stick with the Stalker and either the River or A-ss for your main drivers, the Buzzz is great and you've already got 3 of them so let's keep those but a more finesse, slower compliment for understable shots like a Comet or Fuse (my vote is Fuse, has a Buzzz-like profile). The Coyote could work here if it's really worn in but if it's anything close to new it will overlap with the Buzzz a lot. Or the pro D Buzzz may beat in to pull off those understable shots for you as well. I still recommend a Comet or Fuse though b/c they are unforgiving and great for ironing out form flaws. Great putter, try it off the tee on short holes.

Now, I don't usually go out of my way to help Yankees fans so I hope you appreciate the advice. ;)

Thanks for the advice but I hope you are not a boston fan haha. Anyways I don't use the coyote anymore because I got before I got the buzzz and I am in love with the buzzz. Next time I'm at my local disc golf store I'll try and pick up a fuse or a comet. I'm not sure if I'm going to use the river or avenger ss. I'll have to throw them back to back a couple times. Again thanks for the advice.

i saw that you said you'd use overstable discs for overhand, you might be better off just getting a lighter weight disc, it's gonna flip easier and go father with minimal effort

I only throw overhand if I have to like if the only way to get to the hole is over the top. I play baseball so I can get the heavy weights to go as far as I need them.

my cousin, who was a semi pro catcher, is just like you then. when he throws overhand, look the f-out. it makes the most wicked sound when it flies out of his hand

Don't worry, I'm a Phillies fan. If you have a strong OH, and you probably do if you play baseball, check out a xXx for sure. It takes forever to barrel roll and can go a long way if you have the arm for it.

Latest posts