• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Carolina Clash smaller this year?

Frequently, due to time constrants, the longest and toughest layouts cannot be played during a tournament. Three round events allow the possibility of playing those type of layouts on the day you play only 1 round.

i.e. Renny Gold, Web, Nevin Nightmare.

Before daylight savings we just played Stumpy Creek, 4 rounds. The first day everyone played Shorts then Longs. We were done before 5. No reason not to use Web, Renny, Or Nevin more this year or in the past years. Those are the courses people want to play.

Maybe I can TD a cross 77 tourny next year.
Day 1 Nest/Nightmare - Day 2 Web/Nevin Short
Day 1 Nevin Short / Web - Day 2 Nevin Long/Nest - "Webnest" Final 9

2 day 3/4 round event. Could easily have 2 pools. Only problem is not being able to play.

Frequently, due to time constrants, the longest and toughest layouts cannot be played during a tournament. Three round events allow the possibility of playing those type of layouts on the day you play only 1 round.

i.e. Renny Gold, Web, Nevin Nightmare.

Fair enough. You do you Stan. Thanks for all you and Bill do among others! You plan the event I'll be there to play!

Clash course selection this year is a HUGE disappointment. I wonder who is involved in making these decisions??? They picked the 3 oldest, most played out courses (ho's Nest, Sugaw, and Kilbourne). We have several premium courses that should have been used, RL, Nevin, Bradford, Eastway, Renny, Angry Beaver, etc. I'm still playing, but extremely disappointed in the course selection.

I think Eastway and Angry will be two of the CAC courses this year. Likely Winget and Scrapyard as well, though you didn't mention those two. Kilborne was a CAC course last year and I do enjoy playing it, so I have no problem with a round there for the Clash. Like someone mentioned already, Bradford is being used heavily this year in other tourneys, no need to make it more. RL also has the 21-hole salute later in the year. Maybe even something prior to that? It's also a bit more of a drive between rounds for a tourney with these others in the mix. So basically all of these courses you mention will have a spot in the tournament scene at some point. I feel for advanced, Sugaw, Hornet's, and Kilborne are three pretty good, challenging layouts. Renny would be cool...but Golds are a full day. And I actually think Renny is a CAC course this year anyway. I do hope they use Nevin for U.S. Am Dubs...great course and a true test. Heck, I'd even play a tourney with every round at Nevin.

Clash course selection this year is a HUGE disappointment. I wonder who is involved in making these decisions??? They picked the 3 oldest, most played out courses (ho's Nest, Sugaw, and Kilbourne). We have several premium courses that should have been used, RL, Nevin, Bradford, Eastway, Renny, Angry Beaver, etc. I'm still playing, but extremely disappointed in the course selection.

nevin, renny gold, and eastway never get the play they deserve... i know for a fact that the ams course selection for the clash has stopped several peple from playing

Warning Adv. Masters... the AM Masters world champ will be playing Adv Masters... instead of moving to either PRO Masters or Advanced. On home courses. Just a prediction...

Warning Adv. Masters... the AM Masters world champ will be playing Adv Masters... instead of moving to either PRO Masters or Advanced. On home courses. Just a prediction...

...and one of the courses, he can hit from his porch with a shoe.

...and he's been on fire. At Stumpy 2 weeks ago, he took the division by 29 over 2nd, would've finished 2nd by one in Open, to MJ. He definitely seems to have his poop together.

As for the courses...

I'm not too bitter, but I would personally like to see maybe Eastway in for Kilborne, since I've played one event at Kil already, and the CLT Master's is there, too. Plus Eastway adds elevation to the mix, which not too much at Sugaw or Kil. I'm sure there's factors in that decision I'm not considering...like maybe what a PIA it is to go left out of Eastway, lol. (One day I'm going over there with a sledge and bust up that median!)

nevin, renny gold, and eastway never get the play they deserve... i know for a fact that the ams course selection for the clash has stopped several peple from playing

Dude, whats with the frequent negativity? Whatever we choose to do there will be some people who choose not to play. Go pick up sticks or something.

It's also smaller because it is one of three b tier events in three border states. NC clash, VA Tour De Richmond sold out already , MD Seneca creek soiree. That gives a lot more choices for the east coast to play.

Clash

The wife and I are really looking forward to this. Gonna play doubles together on Friday at Hornets Nest. Right now i'm signed up for rec and she is playing womens int since they are in the same pool. I would really like to be in Int though. Thats what I played last year. Transportaion is an issue as we are coming in from TN and have to share a ride. We love the Charlotte courses!

...and one of the courses, he can hit from his porch with a shoe.

...and he's been on fire. At Stumpy 2 weeks ago, he took the division by 29 over 2nd, would've finished 2nd by one in Open, to MJ. He definitely seems to have his poop together.

As for the courses...

I'm not too bitter, but I would personally like to see maybe Eastway in for Kilborne, since I've played one event at Kil already, and the CLT Master's is there, too. Plus Eastway adds elevation to the mix, which not too much at Sugaw or Kil. I'm sure there's factors in that decision I'm not considering...like maybe what a PIA it is to go left out of Eastway, lol. (One day I'm going over there with a sledge and bust up that median!)

They played the shorts when we played the longs the final round. Thats a 6-10 stroke swing. ADV and MPO played longs, Masters and all others played shorts.

Last edited:
Read somewhere that some of the courses have changed for this tournament. Anybody know of any changes or if its a bogus rumor. Im good if they change them I would just like to know which courses are in play for which pools. Tournament is only 2 weeks away.

They removered kilborne. The courses being played are Bradford, hornets nest and Sugaw. Haven't heard which division will be where/ when yet. Stay tuned....

Clash

They removered kilborne. The courses being played are Bradford, hornets nest and Sugaw. Haven't heard which division will be where/ when yet. Stay tuned....

Nice. Never played Kilborne but I would swap it for Horets nest. Be nice to know what pools are where though.