• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champ Polecats in the Pro Shop

Why in the hell didn't they put the circle stamp on them?!?!?!

I can't believe this actually happened. I believe it actually took less time than New's Champ Pigs too!!!

Big thanks to both Rol and streets for the heads up. I like how they make it clear that the heavier weights won't be completely clear. Who freaking cares? They actually listened.

**heads off to start campaign for G* Polecats now

Hopefully someone buys a bunch and sells them on the mp so I can avoid pro shop shipping charges...I'd love a lighter one of these!

Hopefully someone buys a bunch and sells them on the mp so I can avoid pro shop shipping charges...I'd love a lighter one of these!

So....you'd rather wait for someone to gouge you in the MP then pay roughly the same price to the factory store?

Hopefully not gouge, per say...but if I could save a couple bucks I'd be interested. Kiddo number 2 is due before the end of the month so any extra dollars matter for the disc budget right now.

tbird whats the condition of your bagged polecat or polecats? Will a brand new champ polecat be ideal or would you like the it to season a bit first? Obliviously no one has one yet but I want to hear your thoughts.

tbird whats the condition of your bagged polecat or polecats? Will a brand new champ polecat be ideal or would you like the it to season a bit first? Obliviously no one has one yet but I want to hear your thoughts.

I'm carrying a 175 DX that would be around a 7/10 on the sleepy scale, and it's actually quite beefy compared to the R-Pro it replaced. While the R-Pro was straight at any speed (until it hit a tree off Winton's 16th tee and turned it into an unpredictable turnover machine), the DX needs a lot of snap to stay on course. I do also throw a premie (~100g) in the bag when I'm playing really densely wooded courses. It comes out when I don't have room to do anything but snap my wrist.

I'm expecting these Champs (I bought some of each but mostly max weights) to fly very much like my DX, but I'm not holding my breath in regards to them having near the glide as either of my DX or R-Pro. I haven't thrown a DX Birdie, but the Champ I have is like a brick. I'm really hoping for them to handle approaches on tricky greens where I can't overrun the pin (18 at Goshen comes to mind). If these don't hit and stick like the Birdie was good at doing, I'll be very sad.

I noticed your location is listed as Cincinnati so that's why I gave some hole examples. If you haven't thrown a Polecat (they're an absolute blast), I'd be happy to throw a round with you to let you do so. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Hopefully not gouge, per say...but if I could save a couple bucks I'd be interested. Kiddo number 2 is due before the end of the month so any extra dollars matter for the disc budget right now.

I feel you there man, just a bit cynical after seeing production Judges the day after they were released at around $5 more than what you could order them online for, after shipping lol

And I want to ask the artists at Innova (Levi and aothiom, I'm looking at you...) why you didn't design a special stamp like you did for the Champ Blizzard Pigs? Tons of opportunities to let your imaginations run wild for something that will very likely never be seen again! :mad:

I'm carrying a 175 DX that would be around a 7/10 on the sleepy scale, and it's actually quite beefy compared to the R-Pro it replaced. While the R-Pro was straight at any speed (until it hit a tree off Winton's 16th tee and turned it into an unpredictable turnover machine), the DX needs a lot of snap to stay on course. I do also throw a premie (~100g) in the bag when I'm playing really densely wooded courses. It comes out when I don't have room to do anything but snap my wrist.

I'm expecting these Champs (I bought some of each but mostly max weights) to fly very much like my DX, but I'm not holding my breath in regards to them having near the glide as either of my DX or R-Pro. I haven't thrown a DX Birdie, but the Champ I have is like a brick. I'm really hoping for them to handle approaches on tricky greens where I can't overrun the pin (18 at Goshen comes to mind). If these don't hit and stick like the Birdie was good at doing, I'll be very sad.

I noticed your location is listed as Cincinnati so that's why I gave some hole examples. If you haven't thrown a Polecat (they're an absolute blast), I'd be happy to throw a round with you to let you do so. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

hole 18 of goshen is a nightmare. I normally throw my beat KC and hope not to pin ball off the trees and land flat in the fairway. Have you notice there chopping a lot of Winton woods down? What bothers me is there trimming the fairway up but not removing the waste.

I have always been intrigued by lids. I fan grip the pole cat and it feels great in my hand. I own a 5/10 polecat that I only throw in my back yard for fun. Throwing 230 feet on a 7 o'clock hyzer line it tracks right the comes back to the point of aim. Its a great disc but being DX I am afraid it will change to much during a round/tournament. I eagerly waiting your review because I could use a finesse putter in my bag. Its versus the nova and polecat.

i'm waiting to hear a review as well. if they're good i will buy one. i just don't think it could replace my summit at this point due to the rim configuration. i'm not going to carry a summit AND a polecat. 3 putter molds max allowed in my bag. guess you could call the zone a mid, but meh.

it'd be fun to throw and have, regardless. i bet once it's "beat" it's your favorite touch disc ever.

18 at Goshen is a great hole, but I liked it a lot better before they cut out a ton of the early trees. I try to throw a hyzer tight right around the corner and then run the pin. Winton is a shell of its former self, but I love it. It's been my home course for about a year and a half, and I love taking my bag of putters out there and working on my backhand. I've noticed all the clear cutting, but I haven't really thought that they've left the remains laying around.

I don't think you have too much to worry about with your DX changing that much that fast. Mine has taken a beating and is still in good shape. My R-Pro creased on similar hits but is a much better hit and stick disc. The Nova's a good choice too. The overmold is like glue when it hits the ground.