• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion roc

Champ rocs should fly! It's cool that people collect them but they are awesome throwers. I'm gonna get two xouts to throw myself.

You will love your usdgc roc or a star rancho. There are some star ranchos that fly too straight when new but most star ranchos that I've tried were plenty overstable. I really prefer the grip of my flat wasps.

I actually just won a usdgc 2014 champ roc and an xout of the same disc on the raffle fb page. I was saving them, but has anyone thrown this year's champ rocs? Can you talk me into busting out the xout one? haha

throw it.

But for the real usdgc rocs, you gotta get them by year. The champ plastic runs change from year to year so if you find one you like, find out what year it is from and buy more.

Just picked up 2 xouts from this year's batch. Both will be thrown at some point. Can anyone tell me what kind of dome to expect on these? I got a guardian and warriors mask.

My buddy got two from USDGC this year and said they remind him of the Rings run. Not the Ring of Rocs but the year with the Championship Rings....2009, I believe? He's a big Roc guy and said those were the closest. I'm not that into the minutiae of Champ Rocs to tell all the little differences in glide and stability, but I trust his word (mainly because he's a way better player than me!)

^ditto. What's the plastic and stability like on this years rocs?

i bought two this year and they're my first champion rocs. both have the warrior stamp and both have quite a bit of dome. one is a thrower and i'm keeping the red, white, and blue stamped one in the plastic bag for a little while. stability wise my thrower is more stable than a fresh dx rancho but it doesn't have as much glide. pretty much what i expected.

i bought two this year and they're my first champion rocs. both have the warrior stamp and both have quite a bit of dome. one is a thrower and i'm keeping the red, white, and blue stamped one in the plastic bag for a little while. stability wise my thrower is more stable than a fresh dx rancho but it doesn't have as much glide. pretty much what i expected.

"Quite a bit of dome" isn't what I wanted to hear. If the ones I get have too much dome I'll just sell them I guess.

I got my champion Roc today. It's last years with the usdgc stamp. I would say it's a little bit more overstable than a new DX roc. I really like it becuase I can really hammer on it an get that super straight line with no turn.

Thanks guys, one of these days I'll have to pick up a stack of usdgc rocs. The roc3s just don't cut it for the stability I want.

I actually have both in the bag for that very reason. The USDGC Roc that I'm throwing flys about 20-30ft shorter than the Champ Roc3, but the fade is much more reliable, even into headwinds. USDGC Roc > Champ Roc3 > Fresh McPro Roc3 > Beat McPro Roc3 is what I take onto the course every round.

So right now I have kc pro roc little beat in a star rancho and star roc3, how much more OS will a champ roc be compared to star rancho

Im still trying to figure out the right Roc setup. ITB I have a fresh KC Roc, and a lightly seasoned KC Roc. Until the seasoned ones becomes more US I have a Tursas. Thinking about maybe a champ roc3 to put in front of that fresh KC Roc, or if I even want to cycle rocs and just go with premium plastic mids... never ending decisions

Question: I have a glow roc (DX Im assuming, feels closer to KC though), would this be more OS than a regular KC?

I have a bunch of extra rocs including champions now because I switched over to roc3s :( never overstock on a disc unless you are 100% sure you'll keep it, haha.

Latest posts