• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Champipn vs metal flake

Discdude1414

I am looking for a teebird3. Im replacing a lost understable disc. Is the metal flake more overstabe than champion? Whats the most understable teebird3?
Thanks

lulz at "Champipn"

...best type I've seen in a while. :thmbup:

Sounds like you're better off with a variety of Teebird instead of trying to min/max the Teebird3.

The TeeBird3 is not an understable mold. No plastic difference is going to change that. Try a Leopard3. Or buy the TeeBird 3 and throw it in a cement mixer for a week.

"ChamPip'n, you fool of a took!" :D

Like TB8 said, a Leopard3 is a better bet for understable options. Personally, I really like a Discmania FD in that same slot as a Teebird3. G-Line FDs are pretty damn understable but flatten out nicely at the end of flight, S-Line will have a slight turn but are mostly straight to fade, and C-Line are dead nuts straight with a mild hyzer finish.

As far as Champ vs MF, typically metal flake discs are going to be a little more overstable, but that definitely varies quite a bit. Best bet is to try to find them locally so you can compare PLH to gauge the stability you're looking for.

Cheers.

The TeeBird3 is not an understable mold. No plastic difference is going to change that. Try a Leopard3. Or buy the TeeBird 3 and throw it in a cement mixer for a week.

attachment.php