• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Charlie Vettiner Open

g1nked

Bogey Member
I dont guess this happens to everyone everyday but I got a call on Wednesday from no other then Dave Feldberg asking me to caddy this weekend at the Charlie Vettiner Open located in Louisville Ky and Lanesville Indiana. I met Dave last year at the same event right after i started and didnt even know who he was and he remembered me enough to give me a call or our local top pro Scott Reif turned him on to me since I have caddied for him a few times in the past. I had a family reunion to go to on Saturday and a Fantasy Football Draft to host Sunday which I promptly cancelled on both just to take this opportunity of a life time. Ken Climo is here as well, seen him on the course today and had him sign my favorite beat in Star Teebird so I am anticipating a sweet weekend of disc golf. I know Dave is going to win so thats just going to be icing on the cake. So one year ago I knew nothing about disc golf and couldnt tell you a thing about a hyzer or a pro pig and since then I have got 10th in my local course tournament in Rec out of 50 people and one Ace and now i get to rub elbows with the best on the planet. What a sport !
I just thought I would share this with my fellow disc heads. :clap::clap:

Last edited:
I dont guess this happens to everyone everyday but I got a call on Wednesday from no other then Dave Feldberg asking me to caddy this weekend at the Charlie Vettiner Open located in Louisville Ky and Lanesville Indiana. I met Dave last year at the same event right after i started and didnt even know who he was and he remembered me enough to give me a call or our local top pro Scott Reif turned him on to me since I have caddied for him a few times in the past. I had a family reunion to go to on Saturday and a Fantasy Football Draft to host Sunday which I promptly cancelled on both just to take this opportunity of a life time. Ken Climo is here as well, seen him on the course today and had him sign my favorite beat in Star Teebird so I am anticipating a sweet weekend of disc golf. I know Dave is going to win so thats just going to be icing on the cake. So one year ago I knew nothing about disc golf and couldnt tell you a thing about a hyzer or a pro pig and since then I have got 10th in my local course tournament in Rec out of 50 people and one Ace and now i get to rub elbows with the best on the planet. What a sport !
I just thought I would share this with my fellow disc heads. :clap::clap:

I'll see you there ! Look for a big goofy looking guy from Northern KY wearing UC hat. Pretty pumped for this event!

Last edited:
Well all i can say is WOO HOO I just witnessed the sickest weekend of disc golf in my life. Ken Climo and Dave Feldberg battled it out all weekend with two of our local pros I carried the biggest disc golf bag on the planet for 85 holes and cant wait for my sweet caddy package to arrive shortly in the mail. I know he is sending me some Keens and some other cool swag. Feldberg and Climo are just plain cool dudes. Cant wait until next year. Ken got Dave by one stroke it all came down to Climo's 8 dueces in a row in the final nine.

Well all i can say is WOO HOO I just witnessed the sickest weekend of disc golf in my life. Ken Climo and Dave Feldberg battled it out all weekend with two of our local pros I carried the biggest disc golf bag on the planet for 85 holes and cant wait for my sweet caddy package to arrive shortly in the mail. I know he is sending me some Keens and some other cool swag. Feldberg and Climo are just plain cool dudes. Cant wait until next year. Ken got Dave by one stroke it all came down to Climo's 8 dueces in a row in the final nine.

8 dueces in a row? That's just plain sick!

By no means am I big time tourney player and heck didn't even get to make it down for the 2nd round as had to deal with family issues on Sunday unfortunately, but I have to say that the Louisville guys really know how to throw a tourney and I had a friggin blast playing. Never had some much fun and laughed so hard in my life playing two rds, and Vietner is a fun course for sure. Two big thumbs up to the ppl that put this together. Really wanted to goto the BBC Tap Room etc and help support, and if I can i'll go down next time I go through Louisville and buy some swag, food, and beer to support Disc Golf, and name drop the Louisville Disc Golf Club. Beautiful weekend and the Hambrick and the Charlie Vietner are the two event I will play every year for the rest of my life. Really want to give you guys props for sure.

I was present for the final nine and Climo was killing it, but he did not get 8 dueces in the final nine. He started with two dueces but no one took a two on hole three, or hole 16 for that matter.

Yeah, It was a blast. I got to Vettiner early Sunday and played 9 holes warming up with Feldberg prior to the morning round. The Final 9 was nice with Feldberg & Climo battling and Dave Greenwell (who would have beaten both!) walking along. Dutch & Roadie put up a nice fight for the locals.

Posted a Few pictures from Final 9 at my Webshots site.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/571814928rNPsHW

(Copy and paste link into browser)

GREAT JOB CADDY

I witnessed first hand all weekend the great job you did hauling a small disc golf store on your back (4 1/2 Rounds) . The fantasy football banter was hilarious and insightful. Like he said both guys are top notch guys as you would expect. Private message me your Email and I will send you some pics of you guys as i go through them.