• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Charlotte Area - Gastonia

GirdleRoc

Birdie Member
So I am in Charlotte for a wedding this weekend and my Saturday morning is free. What course should I play?

I am going to be 10 minutes from Bradley Center Park. Pros and cons?

Is there a better course that's close?

Renaissance and Nevin are a little further, and great courses as well. There are a bunch of solid courses in Charlotte - best is to read reviews, look at the maps, pick one and go for it. I would recommend getting to a 4+ rated course, and enjoy playing in shorts and a t-shirt!

Play Bradley. It's great. And Nevin. And Renny. And about any of the others, as they're great too. I'm not a huge fan of Smith, but that's just me. It's good, just not my favorite in the area. I'm probably a little biased about Bradley, as I helped design it, but I think it's a bit overlooked in the depth of good to great courses in the area. Probably my favorite course in the greater Charlotte area is the Scrapyard, for what it's worth. But that's a little bit of a haul from G-Town if you're on any type of tight schedule.

I'm also a big fan of Goat Island, when it's dry. It's probably not too dry out there at the moment though.

Also, you could probably play Bradley, Rankin, and maybe River Street too in the amount of time that it would take to drive from Gastonia, to play Nevin or Renny or Scrapyard, and drive back to Gastonia.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I might be picking up friends at the airport and might check out RL Smith.

I played one of the Renaissance courses in October. That was an awesome course.

Thanks everyone! I might be picking up friends at the airport and might check out RL Smith.

I played one of the Renaissance courses in October. That was an awesome course.

Latest posts