• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Charlotte Children's Tournament

tom12003

Eagle Member
Fifth (or maybe 6th?) annual Charlotte Children's Tournament just completed with an almost full field under the leadership of Steve Lambert (PDGA Youth Coordinator). Field had several World Champions--Anthony Anselmo (2015 and 2016 MJ4 champion) and Hope Brown (2016 FJ2 champion). Another World Champion, Ricky Wysocki caddied for his brother and 2 sisters (shared with his mom and dad). Watch out World, there is an upcoming Wysocki dynasty; Yvonne came in 2nd (playoff) in FJ2 (15 and under) but cashed a ton of CTPS (including 10 Wizard putters donated by the PDGA; Ricky is not switching sponsors). Zack Wysocki was under 100 for his 2 rounds) and crushed his 12 and under field with both rounds in the 920-930 range (based on 2015 Selinske scores).

I cannot hide, but the 12 yr olds are killing me unless we play relative to my age (a 54--par--is minus 16 to my age); they would be challenged to get enough aces to beat this old fossil):clap:

Grow the sport with kids!

Last edited:
Yes, 6th annual, and it has been near full field each year. If Charlotte wins its bid for 2018 Worlds, expect the Junior divisions to be large and competitive.

FZack Wysocki was under 100 for his 2 rounds) and crushed his 12 and under field with both rounds in the 920-930 range (based on 2015 Selinske scores).

Prelim ratings are way lower for the kids than at the Selinske.

Ratings for a 54:
Selinske = 869
R1 Kids = 833
R2 Kids = 820

Looks like there were very few kids on which to base ratings, and I'm guessing kids tend to be improving rapidly over their ratings.....so I'd say the Selinske ratings are probably more accurate (bigger field and more stable ratings).

p.s. This Hope C Brown told me she is 11 years old, and she was playing up in the 13-15 division. She was throwing controlled drives around 290-300 ft on a rope. The wfdf record for u12 girls is 318 ft (set in 1991).

Latest posts