• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ching: Power Genesis

erpDiscDawg

Does any one know what this disc is all about? I did a quick search and didint come up with much. I received one at GSSS#5 this weekend and wonder if i should try it out. It has what looks to be a born on date of April of this year.

All I could find is what Marshall St. said:
Just took this one out for a little field test against a Z Surge, because that's what we had in the loaner bin. Right off the bat, I immediately liked the Excelerator™ contours that were placed around the edge of the disc in a "star shape" pattern. These indentations are much more subtle and easier to get a good grip with than the contours on the Oracle, in my opinion, but I have big hands.
After only a few throws, this disc flew farther and was more controllable than the Surge. I was pleasantly surprised with these findings. Finest toss, thrown with a single step due to snowpack, was around 360 ft (not message board distance). This disc is extremely fast.

Here's what Ching has to say about it: The CHING® Genesis™ driver reflects several years of patience and development exploring D.R.A.F.T.™ technology, finally realized with in-house 3D design and advanced industry '1-up' prototype testing.

And I have no idea what a lot of that means, but it sure did the trick. Rim is 22mm wide.

Damn thing isn't even on the Ching site.

They are really overstable. Plastic is hard and not very durable. A friend of mine got some and they do NOT hold up to any kind of damage and they are so hard if they land on their edge they roll alot.

I have been messing with the one that I got from Worlds.
It's pretty fast, but nothing too overstable.
I thought the grooves for you fingers would be nice, but they make the disc release poorly from my hand. They feel ideal if you use a 4 finger power grip backhand.

I'm a Noob... I cant seem to ever throw this disc straight.... or is that not what the disc is designed for?

My cousin loves his so I decided to throw it and see. It flipped big time and turned into a roller. Also it is as hard as a rock and the plastic doesn't hold up at all. I'd say it's a cool looking disc but that's about it. There's probably a better disc for you out there.

Very shallow rim. Reminded me of a Flick. Chalky plastic.

Latest posts