• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Classic Aviar Menage a Six

jenb

* Ace Member *
I am flirting heavily with 5 of these classic dx aviars. Meanwhile, I have 7 star big beads crying out for my further attentions. But I think the dx aviars are luring me away with their siren calls that whisper of alluringly of blitz putting and straight putter drives, while my interst in the big beads is FAAADING away as I view them more and more as approach discs for times when fade is needed.

Has anyone else gone through this torrid affair? How did it turn out?

I am flirting heavily with 5 of these classic dx aviars. Meanwhile, I have 7 star big beads crying out for my further attentions. But I think the dx aviars are luring me away with their siren calls that whisper of alluringly of blitz putting and straight putter drives, while my interst in the big beads is FAAADING away as I view them more and more as approach discs for times when fade is needed.

Went with the DX. Now use a rhyno when fade is needed.

I'm actually in the process of doing the exact same as you, though I hate to throw OOP molds. Good thing small beads are easy to come by, for now. Love my KC Aviars, but I really like the slightly longer/straighter putts I can get out of the small beads. I'm using the big beads for driving, and the small beads for putting. Seems to be a great combo so far!

I never got into the star aviars. I carry 3 different aviars, one newish KC, one beat JK, and one really beat P&A. The KC has a lot of fade left in it, while the JK is dead straight on approach or drive, and the P&A turns over hard on drives and is great for touch approaches. I have a star aviar BB, but haven't pulled it out on the course, and might not until my KC gets beaten in. I might even just sell it before that happens.

I threw the classic aviars until my love the wizard came along.

a lot of people love the wizzard. but i prefer my kc avairs for the wind and my dx avair (well beat in) for calm or non windy days, i have a classic avair for longer puts wit no wind becuse i dont jump putt, but i herd the gateway Magic is a nice understable putter that glides well im going to pick one up and try it out

Started with the Dx Aviar P&As. Loved 'em. Was pretty okay (for a noob) at putting.

Somehow I got the idea that X11 gummy champ BB Aviar's were superior. Putting sucked (because of the fade you mention).

Switched back to regular ol' dx Aviars. Not looking back.

Are the putt and approach discs the same mold as the classic aviar? Innova gives them separate entries and different flight numbers, evenbnin the same plastic, so I thought they were different molds, but I don't have a P&A around to compare.

Depends what runs ur tlkn about. There are some small bead p&a and some no bead p&a .Classic aviar will vary too. Theres really old big bead classic aviars,small bead classic aviars and the current no bead classic aviars

i'm finding myself in a similar boat... might be time to dust off that stack of dx aviars and putt with em again.

i did it with kc pro instead of star bb's, but it's the same concept. now, to complicate things further, my kc pro's are starting to season and straighten out... i might relegate them to full time putters and get 3 new ones for approach shots. try to minimize molds

the almost infinite combinations of discs is one of my favorite things about disc golf

Im putting with P&As now and tryng to figure out which plastic I like best. What is meant by bead?

Im putting with P&As now and tryng to figure out which plastic I like best. What is meant by bead?

it's harder to explain, but if you go to Innova's website you can see a bead in the moving picture they have for each disc. look at the P&A, specifically the bottom edge of the disc, then go look at the KC Pro. there's a little ring of plastic around the bottom edge on the KC that hte P&A doesn't have.

you'll see it

Yeah, the bead is like a divot around the rim for your index finger to fit in. The more bead, the more the disc will fade at low speed.

I find the star plastic maybe reduces spit outs at low speed, but makes the disc bounce out like a rubberball on high speed "blitz" shots that hit the pole. I'm trying to putt more aggressively, to increase my effective putting range and minimize time for the wind to affect the disc, so that means I need a stiffer plastic. At least, that's what I think right now.

Yeah, the bead is like a divot around the rim for your index finger to fit in. The more bead, the more the disc will fade at low speed.

I find the star plastic maybe reduces spit outs at low speed, but makes the disc bounce out like a rubberball on high speed "blitz" shots that hit the pole. I'm trying to putt more aggressively, to increase my effective putting range and minimize time for the wind to affect the disc, so that means I need a stiffer plastic. At least, that's what I think right now.

i had the same experience with an ss voodoo. have you tried kc pro aviars? they're a little smooth(grip) at first but after they get banged up a little the grip improves (and continues improving) and they straighten out perfect. but they're very firm and don't "bounce" when they come in hot