• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Coleman Park in Lebanon Pennsylvania

All GUNKed up

Par Member
18 holes were accepted and will be put in this year at this park.
http://www.colemanmemorialpark.org/home.html
They were looking for new activities to do at the park so they sent out a survey asking which activities would the community like to have there. At the top of the list by far was disc golf.
The total estimated cost of the course was $15,000 less than park organizers thought it would be..

Last edited:
thanks for the info. be nice to have another course to pick from when i visit my folks in hershey. any time frame as to when this year it will be done?

This Tuesday the township guys are going to have a meeting with the course designer to discuss the possibilities .From what i hear there is a small creek in the one end of the park and also the property has some old ruins that the designer would like to incorporate in the design.

It's actually happening

After 12 years of delays, the disc golf course at Coleman Park in Lebanon PA is finally going to be installed this spring. The original board cancelled the project, but recently a new board reached out to the original designers and organizers and asked if they were still interested. The plan appears to be similar to nearby South Hills, with one big tee pad and two baskets per hole, so there'll be a relatively short mostly par-3 course, and then a much longer championship course with several par 4s. The routing is through the woods and around some old ruins. I live in the area and this is a big, old, wooded park with some elevation, plenty of parking, and lots of unused wooded space so it should be perfect for disc golf. It's the same designer as South Hills, Lenni Lenape, and the two Jackson Township courses so this won't be some amateurish effort. Hopefully it will be just as high-quality, creative and fun as those other efforts.

Last edited:
Here's the current link for Coleman Park in Lebanon PA... https://www.colemanmemorialpark.com/

If you click on the link in the posts from 10 years ago, it goes to some breast augmentation website. Enjoy!

Some of the park is still pretty active, mainly the baseball fields and basketball courts. The mini golf course is at the front entrance and is pretty fun when it's open. There are also some big sculptures and creepy old abandoned buildings in the woods. Should be entertaining!

The designers hint that the long baskets are going to be very long. Nearby South Hills is about 7400 feet to the long baskets (the Reds), and there's a lot more room at Coleman Park so they could push something out to 10000 feet if they wanted to. My guess is you'll start and finish near the one of the two big parking lots. There's one near the front entrance that isn't used much, and a much busier parking lot by the baseball fields. Starting near the front entrance would keep the disc golf course out of the way of the busier areas.

The course designer, Michael Dunkle, posted there will be a 5x12 foot tee pad on each hole and "a few of the holes" will go through the creepy ruins. They'll no doubt try to make it look like the course has been there forever, even though it's brand new.

The City of Lebanon owns the property and is looking for a corporate sponsor. They would get the naming rights as well. They also would like 3 sponsors per hole. They'll probably have no trouble coming up with that, considering how disc golf crazy Central Pennsylvania is.

The designer is going to start putting in the layout stakes in the next couple of weeks. I might go try to find those just to see where they are headed. They will need to do a little bit of clearing out, as some of the wooded areas are more dense than others, but it's not jungle overgrowth there. The likelihood of lost discs will be pretty low.

Last year they staked out Lakeside DGC in Myerstown PA and the course was playable 4-5 months later, so maybe by mid-summer Coleman Park will be ready to go too.

Latest posts