• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Recommended DURABLE pro baskets for a city park?

tomjulio

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Good morning DGCR DGers, here's the situation:

Our small city is in the process of bringing disc golf to the community from the ground up. In the course of the past 2 years we revitalized a small 5 hole course, built a 9 hole family course, started work on another 18 hole family course, and are planning a true pro course in the coming future. So far we have utilized two basket manufacturers, Prodigy and Discraft.

The Prodigy baskets are nice but poorly engineered. The pole is not the same diameter as the opening as the lower basket creating a gap which is "fixed" by two haphazard screws. Not reliable enough for constant city park wear. We also bought 5 Chainstar Pros for our little park and love them, they are red. Over five months ago we ordered 18 BLUE Discraft Chainstar Pro baskets from Discraft. We built the entire course around this blue aesthetic as its right on the lake. Tee pads poured, signs designed and made, just waiting on basket delivery. This week we were informed after inquiring on the delivery that Discraft was no longer doing colored baskets other than red. This has set us back tremendously.

My question to the group is what other manufacturers pro baskets (and style) would you recommended for heavy city park usage? If they come in blue, bonus points for the recommendation. Thanks!

The Discmania Disc Golf Park baskets I've seen are blue. IDK if they sell separately, or if Disc Golf Park has to do the design. Worth checking.

Attachments

• AE093053-AF0E-4A84-A3F0-40999CDE566C.jpg
    AE093053-AF0E-4A84-A3F0-40999CDE566C.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Ouch, that's a kick in the coconuts.

Lake side course near me got 18 of the blue last year. They are great. Bummer what happened.

But impressed that your city is going in full tilt with the DG courses.

When you get a chance maybe enlighten us on how you (or whomever) talked them into it?

DGA baskets have the longest warranty and have shown the longevity of galvanizing with 30-year-old baskets still functioning well on courses. For color, either order color powder coat over the galvanizing or blue blades for basket tops.

DGA baskets have the longest warranty and have shown the longevity of galvanizing with 30-year-old baskets still functioning well on courses. For color, either order color powder coat over the galvanizing or blue blades for basket tops.

100% cosign this. The old mach 3 and 5 baskets round here in Michigan (and due to Discraft influence we had/have a lot) have held up extremely well over the years.

I believe the new Mach 7's have a band on them now?

100% cosign this. The old mach 3 and 5 baskets round here in Michigan (and due to Discraft influence we had/have a lot) have held up extremely well over the years.

The band is inside the top of the chain cage so discs can't contact it. We added blue vinyl sponsor info covering the orange bands on our Mach 7s installed on Blueberry at Highbridge.

Yup, Michigan here, and that's why we initially went with Discraft. We've waited 5 months for a set of 18 that we ordered in blue to find out that, nope, they no longer do that. Looking at the Mach 7's now.

Yup, Michigan here, and that's why we initially went with Discraft. We've waited 5 months for a set of 18 that we ordered in blue to find out that, nope, they no longer do that. Looking at the Mach 7's now.

Hudson Mills installed blue Innova DisCatchers a few years ago. I Imagine you can still get them. I was kind of surprised Discraft let that happen in their own back yard. :\

Last edited:
I think Titans are only available if McCormack designs the course.

But they suck to putt on. The chains are a bit heavy and throw a lot of putts straight back at you.

DGA baskets are great for longevity like others have said and you can get them colored but imo they still are very hard to see when compared to a basket that has a colored band.

The basket I see most in New and old is the Innova discatcher. You can get the bands in many colors and to me they hold up very well.

What I also like about DGA baskets is the lack of the top band. Far less issues with stickers, graffiti, field ace signatures, etc.

^ Completely true.

IMHO the pros and cons of the band vs. no band come down to visibility vs. grafitti and other forms of unwanted "ornamentation."

Some courses have a much bigger problem with graffiti, stickers, etc than others.

Just want to say thanks to all that answered my question and gave me some new valuable insight into our current and future basket purchases.

Latest posts