• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Comet lovers

How many 3rd run ESPs will you buy?

Votes: 9 12.9%

Votes: 13 18.6%

• 10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock

Votes: 5 7.1%

• 6-10

Votes: 13 18.6%

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • all the pink ones I can find :)

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
I'm going to preface this by saying I've only been throwing comets for a few years and haven't handled a lot of different runs, but I've owned probably twenty in that time.

I just got 5 Z comets that our local pro literally just got in the mail from big D and while none of them a lot of dome like the really nice and stable one I own, only two of them were flat-ish. Compared to the ESP comets I got from the most recent run, two orange ones were about equal in dome to the esp's and Z's I bought about two years ago, the blue one had slightly more dome, and two reds were slightly above average, but nothing to get excited about.

Anyways, at least they all weren't flat. hopefully that got that nipped in the bud.

Yum!
100_0511.jpg

The bottom row is what is in my bag.

The rest are unthrown (except maybe the yellow Z one in the upper right)

4 of the Z's are the delicious stable/domey kind.

My favorite one is the really beat one on the bottom right (I hate yellow discs, idk why, so you know this one is good), cause I can get it to go straight for a long way, and then break right at the end of it's flight.

I know my collection is meager compared to some, but I wanted to share (not literally).

:mrgreen:

*drool*....esp

I would have 3 ESP but I got screwed on discaroo and the dude never sent them, no there is nothing listed on his account.....f'ing scammers!

Sean40474 said:
*drool*....esp

I would have 3 ESP but I got screwed on discaroo and the dude never sent them, no there is nothing listed on his account.....f'ing scammers!

i would have 3 but they've all been lost. one in florida, one in texas and my last one last summer in ohio.

Working Stiff said:
Frank Delicious said:
I now own a thrower RR Z comet. sooo stoked.
Darn it, Frank. You know how Blake feels about throwing boutique discs. It's all right here in the A little rant about boutique (rare) discs thread. Now, you can make this right. Just sent the RR Comet to me and we can keep this quiet.

while I do subscribe to many of Blake's teachings I feel I have grown enough to decide which ones do not fit my game. A such, I have decided to reject the anti-boutique rantings of his and forge my own path.

*slowly strokes stack of TP comets and weeps*

Redisculous said:
Yum!
100_0511.jpg

The bottom row is what is in my bag.

The rest are unthrown (except maybe the yellow Z one in the upper right)

4 of the Z's are the delicious stable/domey kind.

My favorite one is the really beat one on the bottom right (I hate yellow discs, idk why, so you know this one is good), cause I can get it to go straight for a long way, and then break right at the end of it's flight.

I know my collection is meager compared to some, but I wanted to share (not literally).

:mrgreen:

That's a nice stash... but this is a true thing of beauty!

comets by mmzuleger, on Flickr

ESP comets:
00f99.jpg

TP and X comets:
EKrXZ.jpg

Z comets:
vzqvI.jpg

not pictured: 2 esp comets in car, 2 RR TP comets, Z comet with The Village People dye.

Redisculous said:
Nice guys, keep em coming, who else has a stash to share?

I like the Bomber dye Frank.

my stash of comets is not nearly as impressive as some of these others....heck, I don't even own an ESP comet!