• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

commissioning a dye job?

fairweather_fan

Eagle Member
hello, dye'ers. i recently picked up a pair of japan open champ orcs that are clear with a smallish stamp on them and, not surprisingly, am finding them pretty hard to find even when they're in the center of the fairway. so, i'm thinking i should get them dyed, and that's where y'all come in! i was thinking that a dye based around the 'rising sun' imagery might be nice and a google images search came up with this:

vintage_rising_sun_japanese_t_shirt-d235159723924169817fx635_325-255x255.jpg

i was thinking that something along these lines, but with a different background color (orange, maybe?), would be the bees knees. i'm thinking that if the first one turns out nicely, that i could send the second one your way to get the same dye with a different background color. so, for those who may be interested and who could do a quality job, what's your price for one dye? what about 2?

thanks in advance for any responses!

ted

I'd love to pick this one up for you, Got some badass ideas for it! Sadly, I'm going to be moving soon and it would be to chaotic to pick up a dye job.
It looks like some of the dye's that i've been into recently

Samurai.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

^either bad photography or dyes with a ton of bleeds.

youd be better off having someone make the masks with a plotter (try zenbot. he rules) and doing the dye work yourself.

I hate discs you can't find. I love how some stamps shine through even when you dye it a solid color.

I agree with the plotter it will help immensely.

thanks for the responses.

youd be better off having someone make the masks with a plotter (try zenbot. he rules) and doing the dye work yourself.

appreciate you sharing your opinion, but i'm not really looking to learn how to dye- and certainly not looking to learn the ropes on a pair of discs that i would like to look slick and quality. you want to float a quote for what it would cost to have you do the work?

keep the responses coming- would like to find someone to do the job, and get them the (first) disc next week!

thanks again...

^either bad photography or dyes with a ton of bleeds.

Although I appreciate the compliment these are sick. Sick as in good. Frickin' watercolor wash backgrounds.

Do the kids still call good things "sick"? I don't know.

I can do those discs, and I don't need no stinkin' plotter ;-) PM if you still need a quote.

Haha, thanks zen! I'll take sick :)

And exactly Bennet, stinkin plotters are overrated lol

Anyone ever do a sho nuf dye from the last dragon? Not sure thats his name and not the right place but figured the good dyers were here...and they are

thought i'd bring this thread back to life by posting the finished product. here's a little before and after with my japan open clear, blue-stamped 150 class orc:

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

DGCR's own BennettUA did the work, and i couldn't be happier with how it turned out- great communication from him throughout the process, and the finished product looks really high-quality, to my eyes at least. now i just have to decide if i want the same design (w/ a different background color) or if i want to go in a different direction for the second clear orc i've got sitting around here!

after this- my first experience sending a disc off to be dyed, as well as this being my first/only dyed disc- i can say to anyone considering commissioning a dye job: DO IT. if you're half as satisfied as i am, you'll be plenty pleased!

I recently started a DG club for my local course and created a logo that I was interested in having stamped onto a few discs. I've been told that a plotter would be best for my logo design and so I was wondering if anyone out there would be able to make that happen. Shoot me an email or PM and I'll send you the logo and hopefully we can make it happen. Thanks in advance!