• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Compare MN and WI

Mando

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Don't know much about this area and I wonder how these two states compare as far as interesting/scenic terrain for DG.

Much of the landscape in Wisconsin was shaped by glaciers in the last ice age. Creating very nice terrain for DG, with quite a bit of the beautiful moraines still devoid of courses. Other than that a lot of forest, lakes, rivers, bluffs, big hills, and flat to rolling farmland. No mountains, deserts, or canyons really though. I believe that Minnesota has much of the same types of features.

The NE 2/3 of Minnesota is similar terrain to Wisconsin. The SW 1/3 is flatter, prairie land.

Much of the landscape in Wisconsin was shaped by glaciers in the last ice age. Creating very nice terrain for DG, with quite a bit of the beautiful moraines still devoid of courses. Other than that a lot of forest, lakes, rivers, bluffs, big hills, and flat to rolling farmland. No mountains, deserts, or canyons really though. I believe that Minnesota has much of the same types of features.

The states are very similar in their topography. Minnesota has more courses I believe but I've heard really good things about Wisconsin's courses. Overall, to beat a dead horse, they are very similar.

Latest posts