• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

convert my bag to discraft

rodman20

Birdie Member
I have a voucher from sunking and looking to pick up some discraft stuff. I am pretty familer with their mids and putters but would like to compare my drivers to theirs. Ill put my innova driver and what i think may be a replacement.

Champ Leopard:= esp cyclone
Beat Star wraith= Avenger SS/ Rogue (DGA i know but still kinda discraft)
Star Teebird=????
CFR destroyer= Surge
Pro Boss: ( dont think they have anything yet)

rodman20 said:
Champ Leopard:= Z XL
Beat Star wraith= Beat Surge
Star Teebird=Z wildcat (uh maybe, Z tracker also)
CFR destroyer= Surge (the good Z plastic or an ESP Force depending on how stable your destroyer is)
Pro Boss: (beat ESP or X force)

rodman20 said:
I have a voucher from sunking and looking to pick up some discraft stuff. I am pretty familer with their mids and putters but would like to compare my drivers to theirs. Ill put my innova driver and what i think may be a replacement.

Champ Leopard:= esp cyclone
Beat Star wraith= Avenger SS/ Rogue (DGA i know but still kinda discraft)
Star Teebird=????
CFR destroyer= Surge
Pro Boss: ( dont think they have anything yet)

Leopard= Xpress
Beat Star Wraith= Z Surge
Star TeeBird= Z Tracker
CFR Destroyer= Z Force
Pro Boss= ESP Force for now

Champ Leopard:= Z Xpress or Beat Z XL
Beat Star wraith= ESP Surge SS or beat ESP Surge
Star Teebird= it has no current production DC equal but you could try a Stalker or an ESP Cyclone (it's more useful) or just keep that one in the bag
CFR destroyer= Z Force (i think)
Pro Boss: ( dont think they have anything yet) you could try an ESP Force

honestly you don't need a Wraith a Boss and a Destroyer: I suggest getting a Cyclone an XL and a Surge and try it and see what you're missing. then add a Force if you really feel you need a high speed high stability driver. Also you may want to check out a Z Predator.

rodman20 said:

Champ Leopard:= XL (upgrade)
Beat Star wraith= Surge SS
Star Teebird=Nothing
CFR destroyer= Z Force
Pro Boss: Nuke when it comes out

Its always good to try some new stuff, but I wouldn't go all Discraft with your drivers.

Dammit, discspeed beat me to the obligatory DGR generic opinion post about:

"Not throwing a mixed bag only handicap's you"

Champ Leopard:= Z Xpress
Beat Star wraith= ESP Surge or Flash
Star Teebird= ESP Tracker
CFR destroyer= Z Force tuned understable
Pro Boss: Wait a week or two and then ESP nuke

keltik said:
honestly you don't need a Wraith a Boss and a Destroyer:

I'm so messed up. I agree 100% here, but I have a star wraith for straight shots with fade (max distance) a Pro destroyer that holds an anhyzer much better than the wraith and a star boss that (son of a bitch) has given me the only deuce on a hole I never thought I could deuce. It goes straight and crashes harder than anything else in my bag. It's speed gets it out further on a flat trajectory than a new predator or firebird, but then it crashes just as hard when it slows down. I put the boss in the bag for rollers/pancakes with the hope of beating it into a good distance driver, but damned if it hasn't found another use instead of those roles (it's not predictable as a roller or pancake for me).

The wraith may eventually beat in enough to replace the Destroyer and perhaps a new wraith could replace the boss, but sometimes you just dance with who brung ya :p

I say forget direct replacement, it just not accurate.

If I were you I would pick up:

Avenger ss
XL
Avenger
Surge
Force

That would cover all your driving needs. I recently went to an all Discraft bag, and I'm never going back to Innova.

Yea im not looking to replace all of my drivers and never look back, just stuff to give a try since i have not really thrown their drivers before. By no means do i throw a one manufacturer bag.

Yea the three fast drivers are a little to much but i rarely use more then one in a round at the home course. I just like using them for bombs when im fooling around.

You can use the Force as a replacement for all your fast, long, distance needs. I use 2 ESPs and 2 Zs. A beat ESP will go straight or even roll, a beat Z goes straight and finishes with a good hyzer. A new ESP will do basically the same as a beat Z and a new Z will be like a fast Predator...hyzering the whole way.

Also the Avenger (not Avenger SS) in any plastic is one of the best discs Discraft makes. New they are good and stable, and they beat into great straight flyers. I never threw Teebirds much, but Avengers fly the same way Teebird lovers say no other disc can fly.

JCM566 said:
Also the Avenger (not Avenger SS) in any plastic is one of the best discs Discraft makes. New they are good and stable, and they beat into great straight flyers. I never threw Teebirds much, but Avengers fly the same way Teebird lovers say no other disc can fly.

I've also noticed this similarity. I'm loving my Z avenger right now as a workable, do-everything driver.

rodman20 said:
Yea im not looking to replace all of my drivers and never look back, just stuff to give a try since i have not really thrown their drivers before. By no means do i throw a one manufacturer bag.

Yea the three fast drivers are a little to much but i rarely use more then one in a round at the home course. I just like using them for bombs when im fooling around.

If you really want the best driver Discraft makes, get an ESP Nate Doss surge. What a bomber. Good glide.

I'm not partial to the force. Too overstable and no glide.

Frank Delicious said:
I don't believe you've thrown a force if you think they have no glide.

I agree, force's (even the pink z ones) are quite glidey for a disc so fast.

Id reccomend trying out a force they are great for long hyzers. like a really fast eagle-x imho. I also say try out a z surge ss, they are not as flippy as most people think and they are bombers. and i also like the avengers but they are slightly faster than a teebird and has a scosh more fade.

Every force I've thrown has been a glideless pig. They just flat do not glide, period. I get far better distance with destroyers and bosses.

twmccoy said:
Every force I've thrown has been a glideless pig. They just flat do not glide, period. I get far better distance with destroyers and bosses.
throw it harder

Frank Delicious said:
I don't believe you've thrown a force if you think they have no glide.
Or you max out at 263ft.

Jesse B 707 said:
twmccoy said:
throw it harder
This.

The force just does not glide. I have over 400' power easily and all these things do is fade hard. Maybe I got some bad forces or something but I fail to see the upside of this disc.