• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

What's the closest disc Discraft makes to a Teebird/Rival? I love my rival but I'm a big fan of Discraft plastic and want to incorporate more of it into my arsenal.

Big Z Undertaker could do it.

What's the closest disc Discraft makes to a Teebird/Rival? I love my rival but I'm a big fan of Discraft plastic and want to incorporate more of it into my arsenal.

Undertaker maybe, or an AR13 prototype (mantis) before the prodictuion retool. I like DC plastic too. I get a good grip on the z.

Another DC question: How do Nukes vary across different plastics? I've thrown a Z that is a perfect bomber disc and a Ti that could hold its own in a headwind, so I was wondering what other plastics are like and if the ones I've thrown were the norm. The distances were in the 400-425 range.

Another DC question: How do Nukes vary across different plastics? I've thrown a Z that is a perfect bomber disc and a Ti that could hold its own in a headwind, so I was wondering what other plastics are like and if the ones I've thrown were the norm. The distances were in the 400-425 range.
One in X may be a great pure distance bomber for you that you can max out on turn. I can't throw 400, and Z Nukes are overstable for me. X Nukes are among my longest discs ever and are very straight for me.

One in X may be a great pure distance bomber for you that you can max out on turn. I can't throw 400, and Z Nukes are overstable for me. X Nukes are among my longest discs ever and are very straight for me.

^second. I cant throw 400 either but my beat in x nuke is a long straight shot with a reliable dump at the end.

I'm trying to lock down my midrange game, and I have a Buzzz that I love so I was thinking of getting a Ti Buzzz for higher power straight shots, and maybe a Buzzz OS, but I'm not sure how those fly compared to the Drone I have.

I'm trying to lock down my midrange game, and I have a Buzzz that I love so I was thinking of getting a Ti Buzzz for higher power straight shots, and maybe a Buzzz OS, but I'm not sure how those fly compared to the Drone I have.

You might expect something like this.
I havent thrown a buzzz os but for a while carried a few different buzzzs until i settled on one. Seems like the os is getting more towards a beat in hornet maybe.

Attachments

• 2016-11-01 22.08.41.jpg
    2016-11-01 22.08.41.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 23
Buzzz OS and Drone have major overlap for sure. Where they differ from each other is feel in the hand. The Drone feels deeper, whereas the Buzzz OS feels a lot like the original Buzzz.

Anyone throw Ti Buzzz's?

I do. Had a freebie card at PIAS, and after seeing Nate Doss at DeLaveaga I used the card on a nice blue Ti Buzzz. Took it to the course to try it out, and after throwing some hyzer lines with it, it never left my bag. Still using it as my main mid.

I do. Had a freebie card at PIAS, and after seeing Nate Doss at DeLaveaga I used the card on a nice blue Ti Buzzz. Took it to the course to try it out, and after throwing some hyzer lines with it, it never left my bag. Still using it as my main mid.

I throw a 177+ Z Buzzz that has settled as my main straight flyer. What differences could i expect if i picked up a similar mold and weight in TI?

I throw a 177+ Z Buzzz that has settled as my main straight flyer. What differences could i expect if i picked up a similar mold and weight in TI?

I don't know; I've only tried the Buzzz in Titanium plastic. Though my Hornet is in Z plastic, I'm not familiar enough with Z plastic to know its differences from other plastics.

Last edited:
In my experience with a Z Nuke and a Ti Nuke in the same weight, the Ti was more stable. The Z Nuke flew as a Nuke should and the Ti was somewhere between a Z Nuke and a Nuke OS. I ended up throwing that one more and it seasoned into a perfect distance bomber with better grip. Not sure if those stability comparisons would carry over to mids, though.

I don't know; I've only tried the Buzzz in Titanium plastic. Though my Hornet is in Z plastic, I'm not familiar enough with Z plastic to know its differences from other plastics.

By the above, I meant that I've thrown the Buzzz in Ti only, not that it's the only Ti disc I've thrown.

I just remembered that I have Avenger SSs in Ti and in Z plastics. Both turned over for me, and we're about the same, IIRC. If I get a chance this weekend, I'll take them both to the range and throw them for direct comparisons.