• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Currently feel like I'm using too many Discraft mids. I've got the Zone, Buzzz, Meteor & Comet in my bag. Meteor (Z-176g) is the most recent and after today's round I know it's staying. It's becoming a go-to FH disc for me. Especially where I need a big FH anhyzer. Is the ESP Meteor more Comet like or at least less stable than the Z?

Meteor, Comet, X-Buzzz, Z-Buzzz and Z-Hornet over here! Not even counting my two challengers for upshots. DCs got the mids game taken care of. :thmbup:

I have three Ti discs: two Buzzzes and one Avenger SS. They're all firm, like a cross between Star and Gold Line plastics.

Someone above suggested you got a Ti FLX instead, and that may well be the case. My Ti FLX Challenger is softer than GStar. The disc should have on it if it's a Ti or Ti FLX...

It says Ti.

It is a 2016 Memorial Tournament Heat from Infinite.

https://infinitediscs.com/Discraft-Heat/Titanium

Been tossing around some of the newer molds from Discraft, the Thrasher is a great driver as is the Heat. Have an Undertaker I need to take for a spin.

Cranks have taken over. I used to do Nukes, NukeSS, Hurricanes, Forces, and Surges. I prefer the durable Z plastic and the wide rim of the Nuke so I started trading and I collected over 20 in Z, Ti, Cryztal, Big Z, ESP, etc. Unfortunately I found that some 170+ Z Nukes are "meathook" for me, most are "long flying overstable" for me, and very few are "hyzer flip max distance". I had to use ESP Nukes for the hyzer flips that I need.

That's where the Crank took over. My first 3 Cranks had the comfortable feel, wide rim, perfect dome, and Z plastic that I prefer but they would hyzer flip to flat brand new. So they became my stable and understable driver but not my overstable driver. Well as time as moved on I've traded for more and found an abundance of overstable headwind Cranks but no meathooks. So the 170+ Domey Z Crank has become my best driver ever because it's spectrum of stability (for my armspeed) is understable to overstable instead of overstable to meathook like the Z Nuke. Thank you Discraft for such a perfect driver!

Made an order from the Discraft Factory Store and they put a free Undertaker in. The Undertaker is a freaking awesome disc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at the throw shop in Ypsilanti today. BigZ plastic is amazing. I snagged a 170 pred and 170 thrasher. The pred is the silent warrior of Discraft's lineup. My Z preds are cool but BigZ are going to take over a lot of pro bags.

The BigZ thrasher I was a little worried about purchasing. "Will I like this? I've read nothing about it yet.." got it because there was a sweat Raptor on it. Really glad I got this disc, perfect compliment to new and beat preds. I almost got an undertaker And I was really close to getting BigZ comets... But I was wise and spent less.

Discraft is making smart moves that have needed to make for a while.

Last edited:
Made an order from the Discraft Factory Store and they put a free Undertaker in. The Undertaker is a freaking awesome disc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been meaning to pick up an undertaker lately. I passed up a couple a while back because they were translucent grass blade green... probably would have lost it by now.

Discraft is making smart moves that have needed to make for a while.

They're also making discs in brighter, more easily findable colors. I saw several molds that were in bright blue and bright pink (as opposed to pastel colors that weren't all that brightly visible). Discraft is definitely stepping up their game.

The pred is an amazing flyer. I would have never strayed from it if it only felt better FH. Their mids and putters are great. With the addition of the undertaker I think their fairways are finally very usable. The Big Z plastic is also very good. I could throw an all Discraft bag.

Nuke OS
Force
Crank
Avenger SS
Avenger
Predator
Flick
Undertaker
Mantis???
Drone???
Buzzz OS
Buzzz
Meteor???
Comet???
Zone
Challenger

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

The pred is an amazing flyer. I would have never strayed from it if it only felt better FH. Their mids and putters are great. With the addition of the undertaker I think their fairways are finally very usable. The Big Z plastic is also very good. I could throw an all Discraft bag.

Nuke OS
Force
Crank
Avenger SS
Avenger
Predator
Flick
Undertaker
Mantis???
Drone???
Buzzz OS
Buzzz
Meteor???
Comet???
Zone
Challenger

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Ive been leaning strongly into an all discraft bag for the past couple months. Originally it was because i preferred the x plastic over other brands blends, now im getting pretty fond of the z plastic over champ blend. Regardless, heres where i am right now:

Magets (2 identical) Pro-D
Challenger - Pro-D
Challenger - X
AR16 - Esp
Meteor - Z
Buzzz - X
Buzzz - Z
Hornet - Z
Heat - X
Mantis - X
Wildcat - X
A-SS - X
Nuke - X
Crank - Z
Flick - Z

Im not actually able to get the nuke and the crank fully up to speed but they have, in the past, given me my longest lines so i use them for distance. As my hyzeflip skills develop my heat is challenging my wide rim drivers, as it glides for days when dialed it in just right. I imagine as i gain accuracy i will disc down from super fast for distance to flipping slower ones for distance. Next on my list to try out are the Predator, Avenger and the Undertaker. Not counting the Flick id say my distance driver section is most likely to change out the soonest as that is where i loose accuracy and comfort.

After adding Roaches back to my bag, and wondering why I ever took them out, I decided to take the plunge and try an all Discraft bag for a few months. I'm waiting for the thrashers to arrive from DGC so the verdict is still out on them.

- Roach: Mix of Pro-D and Soft-X.
- Zone: 1 Pro-D, 1 Jawbreaker, 1 ZFlx.
- Meteor: 2 ESP.
- Buzzz: 1 Glo-Z, 1 TI.
- Wasp: 1 Ledgestone ESP, 1 Z
- Mantis: 1 X, 2 Z, 1 Ledgestone Sparkle.
- Predator: 1 Z
- Surge: 1 Z, 1 ESP.
- Thrasher: 2 Z.

I finally got to throw an undertaker this weekend. Very impressive disc. Can handle some power without turning and has pretty good range for me. Maybe somewhere between a teebird and a pd in terms of flight and distance?

On another note I'm heavily considering adding the stalker back in the bag as a tweener disc - for shots between a ghost and a PD.

Maybe I got an odd one but mine had more turn then a fresh Teebird and probably about the same fade as a Teebird. Longer distance though.

Loving my new Zombee -tweener mid/fairway- for both forehands and backhands- feels like a very controllable longer Buzzz----

for those approach shots where you feel like you need just a little more distance---

also a great beginner disc/1st "driver" - minimal fade- my lefty 10 year old son is just killing it, with his forehand shots with the new Zombee....

While in a store yesterday, I couldn't help but notice how nice Z plastic is feeling these days. A little pearly but not overly so. Since I already throw so much Discraft, I didn't grab any... but dang those Buzzzes and Undertakers looked and felt nice.

Then today I went out for some one disc action with a 177+ Z Buzzz, also with that nice slightly pearly Z plastic. I need to shoot more Buzzz rounds...

While in a store yesterday, I couldn't help but notice how nice Z plastic is feeling these days.

My Buzzzes are in Titanium plastic, but my Hornet is in Z plastic, and I like the plastic (as well as the disc). And with Jawbreaker coming out in the putters, I'd say Discraft has upped their game in the plastics arena.

I bought a 10 Z mystery pack and a 5 chanllenger pack and all but the black challenger just POP out of the woods colorwise! Compared to all other plastics I've thrown these pop out colorwise from woods colors and I'm loving that. Some of the discs I can't throw speedwise but the ones I can are just great and I'm loving Discraft more and more. Beatuful discs and they just click for me luckily lol.

What's the closest disc Discraft makes to a Teebird/Rival? I love my rival but I'm a big fan of Discraft plastic and want to incorporate more of it into my arsenal.

Latest posts