• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Ugh just found out that Discraft doesn't make the ESP Flash anymore :doh::doh::doh::doh:

What a great flying distance driver.

Yeah, I loaded up on ESP Flash recently. All with nice moderate dome. Fast, long driver with excellent glide.

Yeah, I loaded up on ESP Flash recently. All with nice moderate dome. Fast, long driver with excellent glide.

Yeah, I throw a 167-169 one and it flies with a hair of turn and good fade. Probably need to get a Z and start working that in so I don't have to track down ESP Flashes.

Mine turn more but still have the late fade. The pastel colored ESP Flash's are less stable and have better glide, IME. They're also the ones with consistent dome.

Was throwing 2 light blue Z Flash awhile back(circa 2012). Totally flat. Very fast and very straight, the glide wasn't there like with ESP though.

My ESP is exactly what you are describing. Light mint green and a glide monster.

Mine are off-white, pale yellow, and peach...6 total.

Those super flat Z's were good headwind drivers, believe it or not. No turn in normal flight and just a little wiggle into a headwind. Very high PLH. Go figure.

What all plastics do challengers come in? Seems like someone mention it in Z and I didn't know they made that, all I've seen at online stores are Pro D and soft. This is my favorite putter right now and the soft actually is pretty durable even tho it gets shredded it still holds it's stability well. I hear the Pro D has no durability to them.

surges and squalls have been staples of my game for years. I keep trying to replace them and keep coming back. the breaker has stuck in the bag as well.

surge

I still think the Surge is one of the best distance drivers out, even though its a decade or more old and is no longer even close to the fastest thing out anymore.

Very capable with great glide. Still bag it. I always had more success with Surges than I ever did with Wraiths.

I still think the Surge is one of the best distance drivers out, even though its a decade or more old and is no longer even close to the fastest thing out anymore.

Very capable with great glide. Still bag it. I always had more success with Surges than I ever did with Wraiths.

total agree. I even still have a first run in the closet that I don't throw anymore. I am currently bagging 5 surges in 3 different plastic cycle them like a lot of other guys do destroyers.

total agree. I even still have a first run in the closet that I don't throw anymore. I am currently bagging 5 surges in 3 different plastic cycle them like a lot of other guys do destroyers.

Interestingly, the longest Surge I ever threw was on of the Zs with the thumb grip pad on it. It was freaking unreal. Unfortunately severely overthrew a hole with it and it went into traffic. Still have the disc, but getting hit by cars knocked too much stability off it and now is flippier than I'd like.

All this Surge talk, I might add in one as my OS Flash and start breaking it in to replace the Flash.

The Surge is a nice disc. Add to that the availability in multiple plastics and Discraft's consistency, and that makes it a convenient thrower. I picked up a Sparkle Z in a misprint pack, which is a treat to throw, particularly forehand. Currently I'm enjoying an ESP (also picked up in a misprint pack) as one of my better backhand distance drivers, and I still miss my Z Surge that I threw in a lake a while back.

Everyone compares it to a Wraith, but maybe I just haven't thrown the right wraith. The Surge feels better in my hand and might be a touch more overstable.

All this Surge talk, I might add in one as my OS Flash and start breaking it in to replace the Flash.

Recent ESP Surge's are coming out almost as board flat as Z Surge's, the ones I've seen on the shelf in the last 18 months anyway. Same with Avenger, Avenger SS, Crush, and Force in ESP. Discraft, what are you doing?

Recent ESP Surge's are coming out almost as board flat as Z Surge's, the ones I've seen on the shelf in the last 18 months anyway. Same with Avenger, Avenger SS, Crush, and Force in ESP. Discraft, what are you doing?

I picked up one of the real flat esp surges and it is currently holding my overstable driver spot. real flat real high plh for a surge. I have only thrown one though so not sure if all r like this.

Boo! The good Surges aren't flat. They're domey. Same goes for Nukes too.

I picked up one of the real flat esp surges and it is currently holding my overstable driver spot. real flat real high plh for a surge. I have only thrown one though so not sure if all r like this.

Same thing with me and an ESP Force I just bought, now my headwind driver.