• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Not sure currently but the Discraft site recently had max weight JB roaches! I did not bite so can't comment on the plastic but they were listed under the plain old JB roach as in stock.

On the normal jawbreaker note, I saw some sick looking and feeling jawbreaker zones and challengers at the store, super cool colors. Hopefully they continue to run this plastic!

I've never ordered from the DC store but they were showing out of stock today. I also saw some JB Zones at the shop and they were nice. They can run it if they wanna.

Has anyone thrown any of the new ESP FLX discs? Curious on the stability of the Undertaker and Zone compared to their stiffer counterparts

Has anyone thrown any of the new ESP FLX discs? Curious on the stability of the Undertaker and Zone compared to their stiffer counterparts

Lately I've been getting the emails from the shops about having these discs available, so I am curious myself. Love my ESP FLX Glo Zone from a few years back. Hopefully these new ESP FLX Zones are similar.

My Jaguana Zone ('22 DGLO ESP Flx) is definitely a bit straighter out of the box than my Crystal Flx Zones. I dont bag it, so I dont know how it beats in.

I'm bagging a Crystal FLX, and cycling softs. The Softs get thrown 85% of the time. Crystal Flx gets thrown when I want a skip.

As for the plastic, its fairly flexy, but the beefy zone rim doesnt let it bend too much. I wouldnt say it's any grippier than regular ESP. Mine is puddle topped, and still flies closer to a Soft zone than a Z Zone.

Looking for recommendations for that FD/ Leo slot in the Discraft lineup. Need something to fill that Buzzz to Anax gap that is fairly neutral out of the box. Old beat XL worked, but looking for something that is actually readability available. Light weight, 165g, Athena?

Thanks.

Looking for recommendations for that FD/ Leo slot in the Discraft lineup. Need something to fill that Buzzz to Anax gap that is fairly neutral out of the box. Old beat XL worked, but looking for something that is actually readability available. Light weight, 165g, Athena?

Thanks.

Mantis or Sting maybe?

Thanks.

The dga pipeline or mantis would probably be your best bet.

Thanks.

Passion should work for that, it's truly a 7 speed that is marked as an 8. FDs came back into my bag and kicked them out, but they'll be back I'm sure.

Anyone been throwing Zones since they came out? I just picked up a max weight ESP Zone at a tournament last weekend, and it's significantly straighter than my seasoned 168g ESP Zone from the first year they were available. Is that just something that's happened as they've fiddled with the mold over the years, or did I get a particularly flippy new one?

I have loved the Mantis since they came out. Perfect neutral stability. Very workable with some fight at the end.
While I don't like the current stiff run of Big Z/Z plastic, the ESP "MONEY Missy" run is perfection. It will turn with enough power but with average AM power, it's a very straight disc. Great for wooded holes. If you play mostly open holes, maybe a Athena or Undertaker would be better.
I have a FR Z and Esp in the bag. I have a Volt if I need more stability and then a Vortex if I want something more flippy.

Last edited:
My dubs partner picked up an ESP Venom and we both threw it a couple times before our round yesterday. Not a disc for old dudes with moderate arms, gonna say you need well over 400' of D to get a decent flight out of it.

He picked up a couple other ESP discs that feel much better than the stiff, slick stuff from the last couple of years. Softer and slightly gummy.

My dubs partner picked up an ESP Venom and we both threw it a couple times before our round yesterday. Not a disc for old dudes with moderate arms, gonna say you need well over 400' of D to get a decent flight out of it.

He picked up a couple other ESP discs that feel much better than the stiff, slick stuff from the last couple of years. Softer and slightly gummy.
Yeah I classify the new Venom as the Force OS. Definitely not something that mortal arms need

Yeah I classify the new Venom as the Force OS. Definitely not something that mortal arms need
I find the new Venoms to be comparable to Forces if not a bit less OS. I'll see turn out of a Venom before I see it out of a Force.