• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

I find the new Venoms to be comparable to Forces if not a bit less OS. I'll see turn out of a Venom before I see it out of a Force.
You comparing 150 class venoms to max weight forces, or something?

I'm still throwing an early run Z Force, from back when Z was gummy. The two Venoms I've gotten my hands on (a bottom stamp tour series, and a DGLO swirl) are both way more overstable. Are modern Forces super beefy compared to the old ones? The MPO players I've let throw mine acted like it was so nice to have one that was more overstable than the ones they'd been throwing...

where the hell are the pro d buzzes at

did they stop making them

As far as I know they changed pro-d to "putter line" and they don't really make baseline mids or drivers anymore. Gottagogottathrow has some Elite-X in stock FWIW. I like a lot of Discraft molds, but I don't really want to pay a premium for limited edition runs and stamps. I get they're trying to make a buck and have a big pro-tour payroll so can't really blame em

As far as I know they changed pro-d to "putter line" and they don't really make baseline mids or drivers anymore. Gottagogottathrow has some Elite-X in stock FWIW. I like a lot of Discraft molds, but I don't really want to pay a premium for limited edition runs and stamps. I get they're trying to make a buck and have a big pro-tour payroll so can't really blame em
pro d was a terrible name anyways

and yah i could never beat in a x buzz to the point of pro d flippy

agreed i am not scouring the sources for le runs/stamps

i threw pro d buzz cuz they were cheap and stock and easily replaceable

tbh tho i dont know anyone else who throws them (ever actually) so i could see them being cut from the line up

pro d was a terrible name anyways

and yah i could never beat in a x buzz to the point of pro d flippy

agreed i am not scouring the sources for le runs/stamps

i threw pro d buzz cuz they were cheap and stock and easily replaceable

tbh tho i dont know anyone else who throws them (ever actually) so i could see them being cut from the line up

I had 3 pro-d's at one point - Lost 2 and gave the third away. They were great to pair with a Z Buzzz which I've also lost more than a few of d'oh.

I think Trilogy and Innova are about our only options left for cheap and ready availability, although even baseline stuff is pushing north of 10 bucks most places.

I had 3 pro-d's at one point - Lost 2 and gave the third away. They were great to pair with a Z Buzzz which I've also lost more than a few of d'oh.

I think Trilogy and Innova are about our only options left for cheap and ready availability, although even baseline stuff is pushing north of 10 bucks most places.
what have you been using in that us flippy ish spot to compliment a z buzz

Has there been any info released in the Cicada?
From Jomez FPO Round 1, Paige Shue's Tee shot (pic). I'm not sure where they would have gotten these numbers from, maybe Paige. I'm surprised to see that they'd be pretty much what the sting is. I'm skeptical as Jomez original A5 numbers were something like 4 4 -3 2, which at the time sounded amazing. Also worth noting that these numbers are listed on Infinite right now.

@Skamanda Does 7 5 -2 1 seem to lineup with what you've heard/seen? I've heard flippy and straight which is pretty much what I'd expect from an f5/essence/leopard3 competitor.

Attachments

• cicada.png
    cicada.png
    334.3 KB · Views: 1
From Jomez FPO Round 1, Paige Shue's Tee shot (pic). I'm not sure where they would have gotten these numbers from, maybe Paige. I'm surprised to see that they'd be pretty much what the sting is. I'm skeptical as Jomez original A5 numbers were something like 4 4 -3 2, which at the time sounded amazing. Also worth noting that these numbers are listed on Infinite right now.

@Skamanda Does 7 5 -2 1 seem to lineup with what you've heard/seen? I've heard flippy and straight which is pretty much what I'd expect from an f5/essence/leopard3 competitor.
From the throws I've seen those numbers are close, but I'd almost say 7 5 -2 2. It's got a pretty confident fade in the hands of the players I've seen throw it...

From the throws I've seen those numbers are close, but I'd almost say 7 5 -2 2. It's got a pretty confident fade in the hands of the players I've seen throw it...
It's definitely a -2,1 as it never comes full back for me, but then again I'm throwing a 167-169 that I had to ask about at World's on Thursday. Feels like an Athena but flies like a Discraft Leopard3. I really hope they make the stock runs a touch more HSS though as it likes to flip a bit more than I'd like sometimes.

Picked up a 1R Cicada this week. Looking forward to seeing how it pairs with pipelines.
I held one the other day, but I wasn't too impressed. It seemed like a more aggressive XL, which was a good disc (it was like a fairway Comet, which is high praise from me), but I really don't like the old Cryztal feel of the plastic the first run Cicadas are run in...

I wonder how they compare to a Sting??

I just started throwing the Sting a bit the past month or so. I do like the Pipeline but its a tad flippy for me.

I held one the other day, but I wasn't too impressed. It seemed like a more aggressive XL, which was a good disc (it was like a fairway Comet, which is high praise from me), but I really don't like the old Cryztal feel of the plastic the first run Cicadas are run in...
Aggressive how? I really like the xl but I stopped throwing them because my esp stack ran out.

Aggressive how? I really like the xl but I stopped throwing them because my esp stack ran out.
Wider rim, so faster. It's been a while since I had any of my XLs (they were lost in storage a couple moves ago, along with a goddamn fortune of Comets and other great plastic 😭), but I wanna say the notch looked more pronounced than the XL had. Overall, very similar look though. If I bought one, I'd probably fan grip it, like I did the XL...

Wider rim, so faster. It's been a while since I had any of my XLs (they were lost in storage a couple moves ago, along with a goddamn fortune of Comets and other great plastic 😭), but I wanna say the notch looked more pronounced than the XL had. Overall, very similar look though. If I bought one, I'd probably fan grip it, like I did the XL...
Dang I don't need a faster xl but a more stable one would be cool. We're probably going to see your stash of rare comets on a antiques roadshow in 25 years worth 10k.

Dang I don't need a faster xl but a more stable one would be cool. We're probably going to see your stash of rare comets on a antiques roadshow in 25 years worth 10k.
The rarest ones are still with me (first runs, Tourney Pro plastic), it was the good ones I lost (LE ESP, early Z, my first ace disc)...

Latest posts