• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Harder to do now that the XL is going OOP (as well as some old ones I bagged for years) but I still love some Discraft.

I could rock an all current mold discraft bag.

Challengers in a few plastics
Zones
Comets-Buzzz-Hornet
Heat-Undertaker-Pred
CrankSS-Forces-NukeOS

The Quake is the answer to anyone who likes the flight of the Drone, but doesn't like the sharp bottom. The bottom has been shaved and rounded, almost like a "VDrone," making it slightly more shallow, but a slightly higher PLH keeps it OS. The Proline Quake blend is very much like Big Z with maybe a tad less Z in it.

Has anyone thrown the Pipeline and the Undertaker (and maybe the Thrasher?) that can explain how their flights compare?

Pipeline and Undertaker are similar in feel, but the Pipeline is more like a Heat in flight characteristics. If you blind tested me between a Proline Pipeline and an ESP Glo Heat, I would have trouble differentiating, at max weight. Undertaker at max weight is between a half point and a point more overstable (than Pipeline) in all the plastics I have thrown, which is all minus Pro-D.
Thrasher (First Run Zs) is significantly faster than either. I get really pure true hyzer flips out of mine in tailwinds or no winds that go really far. Best so far has been about 480'. Max with the Undertaker is about 390', for me.

KP

This question might work better here.
Just bought a 5 pack of nate doss rubber challengers from sunking discs.
Anyone throw these or feel them? It says they have texture due to the rubber beads in the material doesnt melt. Is that true?

This question might work better here.
Just bought a 5 pack of nate doss rubber challengers from sunking discs.
Anyone throw these or feel them? It says they have texture due to the rubber beads in the material doesnt melt. Is that true?

I saw these, just wanted brighter colors. Let us know how they feel.

I saw these, just wanted brighter colors. Let us know how they feel.

I got the red swirl pack. If they are majority white or light red they should be fine. Im not a fan of dark colored putters either. I forgot to ask sunking if any proceeds go to Nate. Hope so. If i can get a disc for cheap and help a touring pro its a win/win.

I am currently throwing an all Discraft bag. I got into discing a year ago, and for whatever reason, discraft plastic has always just felt better in the hand to me

Soft Magnet, Soft Challenger, and Soft Zone - Putters
Buzzz, Ti Buzzz, SS Buzzz, and OS Buzzz - Mid's
Mantis, Wildcat, Glide, Stratus - Fairways
Heat x2, Nuke SS x2, Surge, Crank - Drivers

The Wasp kicked my Rocs out... never thought I would see the day. Also the Undertake has become my go to driver, it is the hotness.

Anyone have any tips on Challengers? Dome, plh, shoulders, runs? I like them stiff butt but I would like a litte more grip...

The Wasp kicked my Rocs out... never thought I would see the day. Also the Undertake has become my go to driver, it is the hotness.

Anyone have any tips on Challengers? Dome, plh, shoulders, runs? I like them stiff butt but I would like a litte more grip...

Sounds like Jawbreaker Challengers are what you want. Fairly firm, and the Jawbreaker plastic is nice and grippy.

All of the ones I've felt in store have been bendy, do they make stiff ones? And how long does it take them to actually feel rubby tacky instead of oily?

All of the ones I've felt in store have been bendy, do they make stiff ones? And how long does it take them to actually feel rubby tacky instead of oily?

I have noted the same things that you have here. The plastic is a little too flexible for what I like, and some jawbreaker discs feel oily at first.

The oily feel can be fixed somewhat by washing it in soapy water. It gets better pretty fast with use also.

I have not handled any that were stiff though.

I have noted the same things that you have here. The plastic is a little too flexible for what I like, and some jawbreaker discs feel oily at first.

The oily feel can be fixed somewhat by washing it in soapy water. It gets better pretty fast with use also.

I have not handled any that were stiff though.

Agree the oily feel can be removed by a good washing (with soap) and drying, which will also make them feel more grippy.

Jawbreaker is "firm enough" for me, but may not be so for you (plural). What one likes in a putter is probably the most personal and varied thing in all of DG...

Anyone thrown the ESP Nuke OS and the Z Nuke OS that can compare the two? Looking for something that I can lay into even with a headwind and not have to worry about any turn.

You're probably just going to have to find a run of Pro D that you like and buy a few. You could also try to find some of the CT Challengers that were run recently. They should be a stiffer blend, but I'm not sure how easy they'd be to find.