• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

Was Mcbeth throwing a clear Cryztal Raptor at the MVP open? I guess the Anax wasnt beefy enough for some shots.

I hope that is old plastic and Discraft is still not making clear discs, that fad I hope died off from most brands. Clear is a dumb choice for discs, as bad as using a tie-dye of some kind for the discs or the swirly from some brands plastic in bad colors that blend with the environment.

Was Mcbeth throwing a clear Cryztal Raptor at the MVP open? I guess the Anax wasnt beefy enough for some shots.

Yes, i think Nate said that he got a text from Uli that Paul had a clear Raptor that Uli gave him.

But is the Raptor really more OS than the Anax? mine are not

He throw a clear Vulture at Worlds. . Pauls OS fairway spot is quite crowded

Yes, i think Nate said that he got a text from Uli that Paul had a clear Raptor that Uli gave him.

But is the Raptor really more OS than the Anax? mine are not

He throw a clear Vulture at Worlds. . Pauls OS fairway spot is quite crowded

Maybe Paul was having issues trusting the Anax on certain shots. I bag both a Raptor and an Anax, due to the differences in feel and flight. My FR Z Raptor is significantly more OS than my Anax and the Anax is quite a bit longer too. I trust my Raptor more on FHs than I do my Anax, but the Anax is easier to throw BH.

It's so similar to an FD3 it's odd that he isn't bagging it. I've got two (Glo Z & Z) & neither are Firebird beef but still OS. Feels a lot like a Firebird or FD3 too. Really comfortable & familiar design.

I think of mine like an OS compliment to my Thunderbirds. The Raptor is a bit more OS but more importantly holds a lower line & won't lift up like a Thunderbird.

It's so similar to an FD3 it's odd that he isn't bagging it. I've got two (Glo Z & Z) & neither are Firebird beef but still OS. Feels a lot like a Firebird or FD3 too. Really comfortable & familiar design.

I think of mine like an OS compliment to my Thunderbirds. The Raptor is a bit more OS but more importantly holds a lower line & won't lift up like a Thunderbird.

So then if you wanted to look at it in analogous terms from his old bag, the Raptor would be the firebird/fd3/monster slot he was always toying with, the Anax would be a thunderbird and I assume the vulture is Teebird3 ish

As for Paul and going between the Vulture/Anax/Raptor it could depend entirely on the course and his pre tournament rounds deciding what discs he's going to tee off with and leaving others out of the bag so there's no decision making on the teepad.

Ben Hogan won a US Open without a 7iron in the bag one year, said there wasn't a 7iron shot on the course. I'd say Hogan and McBeth are pretty close in course management.

I looked at the bottom online, it is just nylon Webbing but the rest looks to be the same quality as the modern Discraft Tournament bag with a little bit more storage. The Bottle holder on the Left side is not as nice as on the Traditional Tournament bag but you can make that small pocket a second small bottle holder. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0763SVJ95/ref=twister_B0763T5BY9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 Also it seems that Discraft is getting more of these bags in.

Has anyone used the new discraft tournament bag? It looks pretty solid.

I'm really happy with mine. Got it next day shipped before a tourney, because my old bag ripped. 9 months and no wear (granted I use a practice duffel most of the time, and only pull out the backpack 1 or 2 times a week for competitive rounds) Holds a nice stiff shape. It's no Octothorpe, but solider than any under $100 bag I've felt.

Would a zflx Crank be less stable than a big z Crank?

You're going to get a lot of variance in FLX for highspeed discs. Its better to buy those in person to compare parting line height, or at least buy from a dealer that lists the profile of each individual disc, like Disc Baron or OTB.

Only FLX Crank I have is in a Cryztal FLX that was a tourney run (greater variances usually in CFR than production runs in my experience) and it was like throwing a dinner plate. I have regular run Nuke OS's in FLX that fly just like my Z's though.

Would a zflx Crank be less stable than a big z Crank?

I throw cranks for my distant slot. RHBH 380-400' on control crank shots, 450+ on an amazing shot with lots of movement.
-Z is most stable and touchy
-ESP is good workable straight to slight turn
-Big Z were the fastest to get floppy
-Crystal/Z sparkle were amazing. Best crank ever, but limited run and hard to find anymore. First ledgestone year, iirc.
-Zflx is my favorite. It holds annys really well. All the way to the ground with good height. Best for the slow hyzer flip line.