• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

I didn't say I liked it, but they have also done 2nd First Runs, 10 year first runs, and other weird stuff, so I can't say I'm surprised in any way.

All I can say is that they know their customers and market appropriately.

My understanding was that the "4 claws" were simply a hype thing as the "first run" of discraft discs stamped with his name, and now we have the normal production runs with his name simply added to the stamp?

Then 5 claws were more of a "celebration" of his 5th worlds win before, again, going back to the normal production run stamps.

[edit]: basically, people are just paying for the stamp, as many of the "production" run and "FR 4 claws" were the same run, but shared different stamps.

Last edited:
I didn't say I liked it, but they have also done 2nd First Runs, 10 year first runs, and other weird stuff, so I can't say I'm surprised in any way.

All I can say is that they know their customers and market appropriately.

Just commenting on the silliness in general.

I'm a Discraft customer and all I want for Christmas is some more black JB Roaches, preferably not a limited Bro-D run that he sells on his facebook fan page.

What about these 4 claw marks drawn by the man himself?

ZFKu5m3.jpg

Im looking over the new esp force stock on ebay. The colors are pretty awesome.

Makes me wonder why discrafts stock swirly esp is 15$ and innovas halo is 30$?

I would say they are pretty similar. Jus sayin

unless people just haven't been paying attention, discraft has been doing 'halo' swirls for quite a while now - basically since the ESP blend was updated a couple years ago. I even have a couple of DGA tour series hurricanes from last year that are 'halo' style PL FLX plastic

On a side note, I put a Mantis back in the bag and forgot how much I love that mold. Apparently there's a shortage on bigZ though, as I understand from our local pro shop?

unless people just haven't been paying attention, discraft has been doing 'halo' swirls for quite a while now - basically since the ESP blend was updated a couple years ago. I even have a couple of DGA tour series hurricanes from last year that are 'halo' style PL FLX plastic

On a side note, I put a Mantis back in the bag and forgot how much I love that mold. Apparently there's a shortage on bigZ though, as I understand from our local pro shop?

What does a Mantis fly like? I am throwing a Streamline Drift in that neutral/understable slot. Is it similar?

What does a Mantis fly like? I am throwing a Streamline Drift in that neutral/understable slot. Is it similar?

Never thrown a Drift so I can't tell you. It's kind of in between a stock z Undertaker, and a SP Pipeline. But seems to have more distance potential than both, YMMV

Someone remind me what a Surge flies like. I lost the distance I gained last year (was hitting 425 regularly, now 'only' 400 on open golf holes) so attempting to go a little slower speed for max drivers...been throwing hurricanes for the last 2+ seasons and I can't get a good flex unless I force it.

Someone remind me what a Surge flies like. I lost the distance I gained last year (was hitting 425 regularly, now 'only' 400 on open golf holes) so attempting to go a little slower speed for max drivers...been throwing hurricanes for the last 2+ seasons and I can't get a good flex unless I force it.

I think the Surge is OOP...go for the DGA Rogue.

not OOP yet...Z is still on the order form.

To me they fly like a seasoned Wraith. I moved away from them because I couldn't find them in ESP anymore. The lone Z I tried just wasn't the same and I heard similar reports elsewhere about Z. I have no idea why DC doesn't feature the Surge more, especially with the popularity of the Wraith.

Get a Wraith, bruh.