• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crafting Low Scores - Everything Discraft!

What is the consensus on how the Venom flies? I bought two Barela Z Swirl Venoms and one is very domey and one is board flat, almost puddle top. They both fly less stable than the numbers though and I'd say they are definitely a tick less stable than your run of the mill Destroyer. At 130-140m (420-450') I get turn out of these and when I hit them full power I can get them to flip over and ride a bit from a small hyzer. This does not seem to be how the disc was designed to fly, which makes me a bit hesitant to buy more.
I've thrown 1 Venom. First run ESP, 174g. Pretty domey.

Very overstable, and slower than advertised. Also, not remarkable glide. I found the Venom overall to be a stubborn flier.

I'd rate it at 11, 4, 0, 3. The only time I got any reasonable distance out of it was when I forced it over hard anny. The Venom reminds me of a really beefy Wraith or a Teerex.

Anyone seen or been able to throw the Swarm?

It looks almost identical in profile to the Quake, but with the Breaker or Ringer GT top. Maybe a slightly lower glide quake?

Anyone seen or been able to throw the Swarm?

It looks almost identical in profile to the Quake, but with the Breaker or Ringer GT top. Maybe a slightly lower glide quake?
The way I keep hearing it described is, "A Buzzz OS OS". Slightly shorter, and more overstable than a Buzzz OS.

The way I keep hearing it described is, "A Buzzz OS OS". Slightly shorter, and more overstable than a Buzzz OS.
They already have the zone, zone OS, and zone GT though? Which would be more what your describing? The buzzz OS is kinda garbage though, so this probably would be a good addition

I haven't held or seen one yet, but unlike the Zone and Ringer families it is a wider diameter disc, it's also a typical mid speed, not approach/putter like the Zone.

I've heard that it's very overstable, but not like Zone OS overstable. So I guess more like Justice/MX1/Croc type deal.

They already have the zone, zone OS, and zone GT though? Which would be more what your describing? The buzzz OS is kinda garbage though, so this probably would be a good addition
It's more of a midrange than an approach disc like the Zone or Ringer series, though. My friend tried it out to replace the Malta, which she doesn't like the feel of. I haven't bothered with any of Discraft's more overstable offerings. They're not for my power level or style of play.

Could well be the Swarm exists because the Buzzz OS is garbage, and their team wanted something else other than the Malta, Wasp, or Drone.

It was fun watching Presnell tear it up with the Drone🙂 Looked like he was throwing three, and proved the +1 turn is a lie lol

I never cared for the BOS when it came out, I'd be curious to try one of these to compare to my Drones.

It was fun watching Presnell tear it up with the Drone🙂 Looked like he was throwing three, and proved the +1 turn is a lie lol

I never cared for the BOS when it came out, I'd be curious to try one of these to compare to my Drones.
No telling how long Presnell has been throwing those Drones, at least one was flying more like a worn Buzzz.

I recently converted a Drone thrower to the Quake and I intend to convert more, Quakes rule!

The blue one is his old trusty, reminds me of the beat one I have in my bag.

Quakes are great!