• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Crazy Tuff Jawbreaker Focus

wproct

Eagle Member
Just received from Discraft a Crazy Tuff Jawbreaker Focus that I ordered. All that was available was 167-172g weight. I would prefer 175, but just took my chances and was pleasantly surprised that I received a 172g disc. I just have a thing for putters and wanted to try this plastic. I haven't thrown it yet and not sure how long I will wait, it's so nice looking. I don't use putters as drivers, rather just as a in the circle putter. Just curious of others experience with this plastic in a Focus, is it really crazy tuff in durability? Just really digging the looks, hate to scar it up. I know, stupid, discs were made for throwing, right?

Just received from Discraft a Crazy Tuff Jawbreaker Focus that I ordered. All that was available was 167-172g weight. I would prefer 175, but just took my chances and was pleasantly surprised that I received a 172g disc. I just have a thing for putters and wanted to try this plastic. I haven't thrown it yet and not sure how long I will wait, it's so nice looking. I don't use putters as drivers, rather just as a in the circle putter. Just curious of others experience with this plastic in a Focus, is it really crazy tuff in durability? Just really digging the looks, hate to scar it up. I know, stupid, discs were made for throwing, right?

If it is just CT plastic with the Jawbreaker look, it'll season just like McPro.

I've been hoping someone would say something about this plastic. Can you describe the texture and stiffness? How does it feel, do you like it, how does it compare to the Luna Jawbreaker Rubber blend?… I have questions :)

It is really stiff, which I like. It actually feels alot like my Luna Jawbreaker, just maybe a tad more grip, and the flight plate is just a very little bit more soft It's totally smooth, no pebble finish. I'm really liking the feel of it and I know I won't be able to put off throwing it very long. I really like the Luna but it's just not very durable.

I haven't owned another disc in Jawbreaker so I can't voice an opinion.

It is really stiff, which I like. It actually feels alot like my Luna Jawbreaker, just maybe a tad more grip, and the flight plate is just a very little bit more soft It's totally smooth, no pebble finish. I'm really liking the feel of it and I know I won't be able to put off throwing it very long. I really like the Luna but it's just not very durable.

Doesn't sound like normal CT then...

Well, I had to do some putting with the new Focus. As far as durability, the most durable disc I have ever owned would be Vibram, and I can tell that the Crazy Tuff plastic isn't going to be quite as durable as the Vibram, but it appears that it is going to be pretty durable. The thing I have noticed right away is it's interaction with the chains. The plastic just seems to stop when it hits the chains. It gives the impression of being lighter than it actually is. My first impressions are quite positive. I think I am going to like it.:thmbup:

Latest posts