• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

I once came up on a 7 foot king snake at my local course in Rocklin, ca. Was coming up the fairway on 5 and he's right there. Didn't want him to get hurt from someone being stupid so I picked him up and had to carry him way back out in the field. He was probably 12 to 15 inches at his thickest point and I held him up next to me and his tail was still on the ground. When I was carrying him back out to the field had to pass 4 where a group was playing I walked by with my bag and a giant ass snake wrapped all around me and they looked at me like wtf!? Also caught another king snake using the Australian method on the fairway of 18 same course. Put him where people wouldn't hurt him as well. He was only 5 feet though.

Always pisses me off when some dude tells me about how he saw a copperhead and smashed it with a rock. ****ing chuckers. they are almost never copperheads either.

^^ nice man i woulda done the same. i love snakes. but did the KS musk you? i got musked by a huge 5-6ft KS in Charlotte last year and for the rest of the round my hand smelled like **** haha

Always pisses me off when some dude tells me about how he saw a copperhead and smashed it with a rock. ****ing chuckers. they are almost never copperheads either.

dude i know! wtf. i live in tucson and at one of the courses here there was a den of 2 rattle snakes out of the way where no one would stumble upon it and i would visit em every time i played. someone got wind of it and went destroyed the den and idk what happened to the snakes :thmbdown:

Last Saturday (day before Easter) I was playing Woodway Park in Waco with my Dad and saw an osprey circling overhead around hole 10. The coolest thing was it had a HUGE fish in its talons! Made me glad I carry some binocs with me in my bag.....

Still some snow on our course up here in Whistler B.C Canada , but I'm sure the bears will be waking up soon . Had to call my puppy (6 months old at the time) to the 20th tee box last summer and leash her up , quietly , so a bear could wander thru ! She didn't even see it ! But as long as ur not between a mother and cub(s), bears don't bother discers . I really don't want to find a cougar out here tho !

pepe la whew

A few weeks back me, wifey and dog were up playing on one of the courses up by Smithville lake. Somewheres around 14 or 15, I look down the fairway and see a little black something up by the next tee. Just trash, I thought, not to worry.... I'll just pick it up when I get up there. Well worry, b/c black piece of trash turned out to be notorious Mr. Skunk laying low in the grass about 20 feet from the next tee. I thought for sure he must've been hit by a car or something, b/c he was laying really still out in the wide open in the middle of the afternoon and the tee wasn't very far from the road. Wrong again. Me and the dog crept right up on him, thinking he was dead, but NOPE. Little dude popped up and started running toward us! It was all I could do to stop my dog from running all up on our new little friend. She's a coon hound and loves chasing a na'er do well woodland creature. Well needless to say we had to divert around that hole (which woulda been my first ace ever, of course). Crazy thing is we crept back around there on the way out and the little dude was still hanging tough in that same spot.

Didn't card that first ace, but didn't get sprayed by rabid skunk, so I think I kinda came out ahead on that one.

^^ nice man i woulda done the same. i love snakes. but did the KS musk you? i got musked by a huge 5-6ft KS in Charlotte last year and for the rest of the round my hand smelled like **** haha

He might have but I was too stoked to care. This guy was huge! So badly wished I had had a camera.

Depends on how many kids she has.

user83559_pic43268_1255723460.gif

At Lakeview Park/Sarasota a few weeks ago, there were thousands of anole and pine lizards skittering everywhere you looked.

I threw my eagle off to the right of the fairway at black butte lake dgc a few weeks ago, and as I was about to reach down for it, came within a couple feet of a decent sized rattle snake sunning itself next to a hole in the ground.. I came at the disc from the safest angle possible, and snatched it up.. Kind of a sketchy moment

Finally saw the large bull snake that lives near 16's basket at Jellystone on Saturday. He must of recognized someone trying to get their phone ready because he bailed down his hole. I'm guessing he was 5' or so and at his thickest about the size of a red bull can. And goats, always the goddamn goats, the camp ground likes to place their pen between 16 and 12's fairways. They also have kids go feed the baby ones on the weekends, If there is an object that my disc is more attacted to then that goat pen, I haven't found it. I can be throwing great right up until I shank it into the goat pen. :(

stumbled upon a turkey at Cedar Hill in nashville. I was near a basket. That's putting under pressure if I've ever heard. Nobody wants a turkey attack resulting from a putt that blows by the basket.

i pivoted on a field mouse today. smeared that little bugger right into the teebox. kinda caused me to miss my line.