• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Critters on the course you ran into...

Also while browsing I remembered a picture of a very rare creature I saw the other day out at Glenn Hilton.

547328_10150783079935846_1009780084_n.jpg

The other day after I threw one of my shots, I walked up to it and there was a little baby squirrel checking it out not 3 feet away. He even stayed around to watch me chunk my long birdie chance :wall:

Couldn't sleep so starting at the beginning of this thread looking at the pics. And after seeing below, sleep shall never come... Thanks Midnight :|

You may be better off if sleep doesn't come... I'm not particularly bothered by spiders at all, but wouldn't want one of those in my dreams!

deer are extremely common for everyone. they become very tame in the parks.

but it's not too often you run into deer that stay laying down.

we got extremely close to the two deer in the background of this pic and they never flinched. closer to them than this pic shows. they're practically pets i guess.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Deer.jpg
    Deer.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 322
We watched a Black Rat Snake climb a tree being the #9 tee at Druid Hill last week. Rather interesting seeing it climb so fast.

deer are extremely common for everyone. they become very tame in the parks.

but it's not too often you run into deer that stay laying down.

we got extremely close to the two deer in the background of this pic and they never flinched. closer to them than this pic shows. they're practically pets i guess.

That's pretty cool. Lots of years of hiking and backpacking, and I've only run across bedded deer that stayed put a handful of times. Seems like they're more apt to stay there during fawning season, as a decoy. You should see if she'll hold the camera for you guys next time. :)

Very cool thread. I want to see more pics! I'll have to try and snap a few myself now.

Ran into a black bear on hole 16 at Black Hall DGC in Montana last week. 2 of us had already teed off when she popped her head up. She was about 150-200 feet from us at that point but didn't see us so we sat down for 5-10 minutes and let her do her thing while we finished our beers. Once we realized she wasn't wondering off we finished throwing then starting yelling and slapping 2 discs together while proceeding down the fairway. Good times.

Found this Texas Tarantula at Z-Boaz around the benches. We safely removed him from the open and put him back in the woods. He was about the same size as the koozie.

spider.jpg

Found this Texas Tarantula at Z-Boaz around the benches. We safely removed him from the open and put him back in the woods. He was about the same size as the koozie.

spider.jpg

*me shivers*
That would scare the hades outta me!

My favorite wildlife entertainment is when a squirrel has obviously pissed off a mockingbird and the bird dive bombs it until the squirrel just gives up trying to climb a tree and lays down until the bird flys away.

I've also seen squirrels chasing each other and the front one tries to jump a gap that is obviously impossible only to miss by yards and do an awesome combat roll landing. Said tree rat commences talking crap to other tree rat that I'm assuming is something like "I bet you won't". Makes me laugh everytime.

In Euclid OH me and my bud found 6 young deer in the same spot, it was crazy seeing that many that close. We could get about 10 feet from them before they would even move, truly cool experience

my buddy was in the some bruch one day searching for his disc....stepped on a baby deer...this thing made a horrible sound and took off like a bat out of hell...all i could think of is those horrible "when animals attack" shows that used to be on....

There's a private course on a working ranch near us. They've got longhorns roaming around out there when you play. Pretty weird.

There's a private course on a working ranch near us. They've got longhorns roaming around out there when you play. Pretty weird.

What's up bro, met you yesterday at Keene. Yeah Beaumont ranch is slightly unnerving. I almost hit one of those longhorns and ended up leaving the disc cause they wouldn't move. They seemed tame enough but I really didn't feel like it was worth the risk.

This king snake won its fight with a cottonmouth at the 2012 Tomato Toss in Crystal Springs, MS. :gross:

Attachments

• 484405_10100229178357010_974035301_n.jpg
    484405_10100229178357010_974035301_n.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 137

Latest posts