• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Cryztal Meteors are coming!!

Anybody get one of these yet and throw it?!? Reviews please....:popcorn:

I just received five of these. A preorder from LSDiscs just to be sure I got all clear ones.

They all have alot more dome to them.

The clearest cleanest discs ive ever seen.

Cant wait to decide on a dye for them. Probably a stained glass design.

Havnt thrown one but I expect more glide.

Meteor has always been in my bag, Great disc.

if they were cryz flx i could see some increased glide maybe but the original z meteors were bricks and the glide sucked. the glide was less than that of the esp's and it was more stable. id imagine these being stiff and domey, wont be much different.

I fondled several of them today but just could not being myself to spend that kind of money. Yes, the Meteor is in my bag but really does not see that much action outside of special shots. If these new Cryztal are a little more beefy than maybe it might see some action. If I receive one as a player's pack than definitely I will be all ove it.

When I was in the store, they definitely had some give. Not FLX like give but they were not rigid by any means whatsoever. The plastic is definitely very clean, but I just could not bring myself to spend that kind of money.

I got five blue ones at 175-176g a few days ago and finally had a chance to throw them today. I was having a hard time getting a decent plant with the ice and snow, but did manage to get a few good throws in. Not the best day to test em out, but I did get a pretty good idea how they fly. Overall, I really like the Cryztal one I threw today. I tested it next to a slightly beat Ace Race Meteor and a new production ESP from last year. At the end of the round when I was warmed up I threw all three of them into a slight headwind and they all landed within 10' of each other with the Cryztal going the farthest. They all flew pretty straight with some turn mid-flight. The older Ace Race one held the turn to the ground while the other two faded back some at the very end. Glide seems to be about the same.

These discs feel very nice in the hand. Some give, not too stiff, and nice and grippy I thought. As far as dome goes, the cryztal ones are almost identical to my Ace Race ones and just a tiny bit more domey than the regular runs that I have. The PLH of the reg ESP and the Cryztal I threw today was almost identical. The ace race ones I have all have a slighly lower PLH than the cryztal and reg ESP.

Beat Ace Race vs Cryztal
attachment.php

New Ace Race vs Cryztal
attachment.php

Production ESP vs Cryztal
attachment.php

Attachments

• Beat Ace Race vs Cryztal.jpg
    Beat Ace Race vs Cryztal.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 192
  • New Ace Race vs Cryztal.jpg
    New Ace Race vs Cryztal.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 189
  • Reg ESP vs Cryztal.jpg
    Reg ESP vs Cryztal.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 190
I bought a few custom dyed discs from LSdiscs, there ebay user ID is that (aspentopeka) you see in that link in the OP's post.

Those guys are decent! :thmbup:

I've been wanting to get a Meteor for a bit now so when I saw this post I decided it was time. So I got one from GGGT. I wanted a light one so I specified that as my main preference and they sent me a clear 167. I say clear, but it's flat out invisible! It's beautiful, and I'm SUPER anxious to throw it, but I'm pretty sure it'll be impossible to find if I miss my mark. So now I need to figure out how to dye a disc...

I've been wanting to get a Meteor for a bit now so when I saw this post I decided it was time. So I got one from GGGT. I wanted a light one so I specified that as my main preference and they sent me a clear 167. I say clear, but it's flat out invisible! It's beautiful, and I'm SUPER anxious to throw it, but I'm pretty sure it'll be impossible to find if I miss my mark. So now I need to figure out how to dye a disc...

Do a dye of the Invisible Man flying the Wonder Woman Invisible Jet...:|.

Anyone know how many were in the run?

Per Mike at Sun King, they made a total of 1000. There are 5 colors: red, yellow, clear, blue, and pale blue. Far fewer of the pale blue than the other colors, so it costs $5 more than the rest. Otherwise, $25 each or 5/$100.

I just got into meteors, and was trading in a huge pile of plastic that I don't throw. I now own 20 Cryztal Meteors. 1 yellow for the bag, 14 more yellow ones for backups (enough for a lifetime supply, I would hope), one full set of every color for the wall (5), and one that I already lost in a creek at Lakeview Park. I'm switching to ESP for throws anywhere over/at water.