• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

D Dubya’s ongoing bag saga

DoWork

Double Eagle Member
Before you get into the meat & potatoes, I DO NOT cycle. I only throw newer discs, and I don't carry different wear rates, so all the molds are pretty much necessary to my game. I really am not looking to change anything just yet as I'm happy with how everything works and I'm still learning. I more want to put this all down on paper so I can track myself as I progress, but feel free to berate me, high five me or whatever you see fit. Cheers!

B]Vitals:[/B]
Years playing/experience: A little over a year
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, RHFH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Sky God: 175/225'; MD3: 200/280'; Wraith: 300/375'
(Can get more distance with my D3 but the wraith is my go-to)

Bag:
MVP Voyager Slim backpack

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/use):
150 400G D3 - max D
167 4x Star Destroyer- wind disc & hard corners
167 XXL Star Wraith- main driver
150 12x Star Wraith- upshots and standstills
150 starlite wraith- laser beam straight shots, upshots and standstill precision distance when a full throw isn't possible.
167 MF Champ Thundy- wind disc and distance control.
150 Star Valkyrie- Sky annys, some upshots or light turnovers.

167 Star Firebird- wind disc, hard corners and distance control
167 Star Teebird3- long straight shots with predictable fade.
167 Star Leo3- laser beam straight shots and gentle anny lines
167 Champ Roadrunner- big sharp anny lines and rollers.

Mids:
170 TBurst Anvil- windy disc, distance control
170 C-Line MD3 - main mid.
170 VIP Warship- longer approaches, shapes
170 Elite X Comet- anny shots

Putters & approach:
170 Chalkpit Serpent- main putter
167 DX Birdie- tight shapes, upshots and turbos
170 Armor Scale- driving putter and mini-mid duties
175 Golden Wings Sky God- anny approaches, driving and glidey straight shots.

Last edited:
Before you get into the meat & potatoes, I DO NOT cycle.

:hfive:

I don't cycle, either. (And I say that with pride.)

Nice bag. Some molds are different than mine, and some are the same, but you cover all the shots. And you've got your lid (Birdie). I've never tried a Birdie, and I probably should to see what fun I'm missing out on... :)

I've never tried a Birdie, and I probably should to see what fun I'm missing out on... :)

DUDE! The birdie is the king of the lids. After really dialing the birdie, the polecat feels too long to me. It can do so much in such a small space, the sky is the limit when you learn its secrets!

DUDE! The birdie is the king of the lids. After really dialing the birdie, the polecat feels too long to me. It can do so much in such a small space, the sky is the limit when you learn its secrets!

I can see that about the Polecat. Its glide really surprised me when I first tried it. And regarding the 'small space', I tried the Polecat after others on these boards said it was a 'get out of jail' disc.

Lids rule! :)

I can see that about the Polecat. Its glide really surprised me when I first tried it. And regarding the 'small space', I tried the Polecat after others on these boards said it was a 'get out of jail' disc.

Lids rule! :)

Lids DO rule!

Cracks me up when people say stuff like "they're good for beginners" or "I had one of those when I first started!"

I honestly feel that when people "outgrow" lids they're really doing themselves a disservice... But I'm happy to take their money! Haha

I do cycle...
I'll take the putters, Leo, TB and RR when they are ready to be replaced... :) all kidding aside... Lids rule.